How can I get rid of my Assistant? And Feeder Club Question.

Even before Petrovic was kicked out of West Ham IRL I was looking to replace him at the end of the first season because I couldn't find anyone suitable straight off. So I thought I would wait until the end of the season but now I just can't get rid of the fella!!

I have a 14 Million Transfer Budget but the board won't pay off the £800,000 compo to sever his contract, he won't take a mutual termination and even me trying to be clever he won't accept a lower position on the Coaching Staff. There is also no option to ask the board for an increase in Assistants to two. So anyone have any ideas how I can get rid of him?

Also on a side issue how can I get a Feeder Club for Merchandising?! I keep asking the board but whilst they agree with my principle they can't find a Club to link up with.

try reporting the assman part in the bugs forum, unless you give any staff that was there when you took over a new contract then they should be willing to agree a mutual termination at any point, i have never had a problem mutually terminating staff after a whole season. i normally buy a few players at start of first season and start sorting staff out at start of second.

AN UPDATE

I started a new game and as always I offered mutual terminations to some of my staff including The Assistant Petrovic. All Staff agreed but again the board wouldn't pay a severance fee to Petrovic so once again I am lumbered with him for 4 years. This must be a bug?

It's not a bug, they just don't see the point in paying out nearly a million to a decent assistant just because you don't like him.

What you need to do is offer him a shorter contract, even if it means giving him a wage rise. Try to get him on a 1 year contract and the termination fee should drop low enough that the board will oblige.

No bug. And you seem to fully understand the reasons don't you?

The board won't let you cancel his contract due to compo.

He won't accept a mutual termination - why should he? He has a contract from your club to be the ass manager.

He won't do a different job - why should he? He has a contract from your club to be the ass manager.

So yes, you are stuck with him until maybe the compensation is less or you are rich enough to consider £800k (or £600k after 1 year) a drop in the ocean.

Archived