iPhone submitted to Apple yet?

He hasn't even confirmed if it is complete yet never mind submitted to Apple! :D

The iPhone version is a slightly different branch to the PSP version, so even though that is complete and now released, the iPhone version is a different project with it's own code base.

Marc has previously informed us that the iPhone version will be out 'before Christmas'. I'm sure when he has a more accurate time-frame we will be the first to know ;)

• SI Staff

All I can say at present is 'before christmas' I'm afraid - I have been stockpiling a load of screenshots and suchlike to post when I'm allowed to, so if it helps I'm as impatient to talk about the new version as you lot are to hear about it ;)

I believe the PSP has two 333mhz CPUs and a 166mhz GPU with 32mb RAM for the PSP-1000 and 64mb for everything after that. The screen is 480 x 272 resolution screen - 3.8" for the PSP Go and 4.3" for everything else.

The iPhone has 128mb RAM (original/3G), 256mb (3GS) and 512mb (iPhone 4) with cpu's running at 412mhz / 600mhz / (upto) 1ghz and a Power VR GPU. 3.5", 480 x 320 resolution screen for everything everything but the iPhone 4 with it's 960 x 640 Retina Display screen.

On paper the iPhone looks more powerful and I personally prefer the touch screen experience and the fact that I always have it in my pocket. However the (in terms of 2010) the iPhone version is obviously a little behind the PSP version in terms of features the main one being the PSP can run 3 active leagues and the iPhone only 1 plus the iPhone has less options in terms of tactics.

There's rumours of a PSP2 but they are just rumours at the moment. Plus there'll probably be new iPhones in the future as well.

...without going too much into details...

Whoops ... wish I would have paid attention to that before writing my message! :p

Yep I'm sure it was just time constraints and the fact Marc started out doing it just as a side project that they were left out of 2010.

Can't wait for 2011 ... although I am really enjoying my current save game on 2010 so I don't think I'm ready to give it up just yet :D

Thanks for posting the details. Didn't know the PSP-1000 only had 32MB. Thought they already had the larger RAM minus the cache for the UMD load times.

I'm hoping for an on par FMHi 2011. FMHi2010 is a great neat little game and I enjoyed it a lot. More tactics option are welcome though. The only problem I got now is that I forgot to slip my iPod into my pocket when leaving the house on Thursday morning.....just not coming back home before February 2011, so that leaves me out playing FMHi unless I buy another iPod.

My PSP on the other hand made it into my luggage and I'm basically waiting for FMH to be released on the PSN store.

Archived