Contract renewal refused due to WP rejected

Is there anything I can do if a player cannot sign a new contract due to his WP being refused?

Nope, don't think so. Once his contract expires he'll be a free agent - unless by some miracle he continues on a month-by-month deal till he gains dual nationality you're pretty much screwed.

Yeah, I thought so.

It's Sandro so I'm not happy about loosing him.

Is there anything I can keep an eye on to make sure it doesn't happen again with another player?

The only thing you can do really is to offer the player a contract exceeding how long it takes to gain dual nationality, or instead keep an eye on his international performance and, if he's dropped from the national team, offer him a long-term contract quickly before the 75% WP requirement drops under.

Unlucky though mate. Keep offering and appealing the decision until you lose him and hope for the best.

Is it 75% of internationals? Is there a stat for that of do I literally do some maths?

Thanks for your help btw.

Yep 75% of internationals. I don't believe there is a stat, so it's maths I'm afraid!

However, I've always found that as long as a player turns out for around 50% of international games then he'll have a good chance of winning on appeal.

Interestingly, I have no idea how U21 internationals relate to a work permit so someone from SI would have to clear that up! I have a feeling it's the same principle as I've definitely signed a few youngsters without problems in the past.

Archived