[FM2011] FM.exe please insert DVD (even though DVD is inserted), please help?

SI Games,

Unsure if this is the correct board, however this is the first time this has occured in the last 4 years of playing FM. I was playing last night (unemployed, on holiday to being offered a job) and I got this Windows 7 Ultimate popup message saying to insert the disc into D Drive even though it was inserted and the game was already playing.

Without uninstalling and wiping the registery and reinstalling FM2011 is there a way to fix this?

I don't want to use the STEAM method of playing the game as the computer it is on only has dial-up on it. I use my office computer to download updates, skins, logos, tactics, guides, etc.

If I have posted this into the incorrect forum please relocate and keep active until resolved.

Regards

Also - make sure your disk drive is mapped to the 1st drive after your installed drive. Had to re-map my drives since mine wasn't and got a truck-load of messages every time I started the game. (Seems they scan the drives progressively upon startup - and no reg key to keep tabs of your actual drive letter...) Eg. mine was installed to c:\, had some other drives mapped to d:\, etc. and dvd drive to h:\ - after mapping dvd to d:\, it resolved that issue. It may not be the same, but at least worth looking at.

Have you installed any patches to your game? Did you definitely install the 'Disc' version of the patch? Let me know, thanks.

Neil,

I did install the disc version as it was an offline installation, and I can confirm that I'm running v11.1.1 as I installed the 0-day patch and started my career and as soon as the "hotfix" was available I got it and installed it. The weird thing with this is that the FM.exe message only started last night.

I have been fine since the release in Australia until last night when the FM.exe messages started.

Regards

Archived