Question about Uefa List and Home Grown Player

Yes

However I have found a small flaw in this method....

Any player in the Under 21's dont count towards the 25 quota, thus can play in the game....

Hopefully It'll be fixed in due course

• 4 weeks later...

I found this in another thread on this (posted by isuckatfm):

I haven't checked what the rules are for UEFA Cup but for the Champions League teams must submit a List A of 25 players including 6 'locally trained players' and no more than 3 'association-trained players' and the remaining 6 made up of 'club-trained players'.

From UEFA regulations http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/19071.pdf

quote:

An “association-trained player†is a player who – irrespective of his nationality and age – has been registered with a club or with other clubs affiliated to the same national association as that of his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or of 36 months between the age of 15 (or the

start of the season during which the player turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which the player turns 21).

A “club-trained player†is a player who – irrespective of his nationality and age – has been registered with his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons (i.e. a period starting with the first official match of the relevant national championship and ending with the last official match of that relevant national championship) or of 36 months between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which the player turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which the player turns 21).

When a club signs a player he is registered with that club and it's affiliated national association.

When a player goes on loan he is registered with the loanee club and it's affiliated national association concurrently.

So if he joins a club abroad he is officially registered with both the loaner and the loanee.

To answer your question going on loan has no effect on Home Grown status for players who are registered in List A (the one in game where you are asked to register).

What it does affect in real life (I've never encountered it in the game so I can't say if it's been coded but I would assume it is) is the List B registration.

From the UEFA regulations http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/19071.pdf

quote:

Conditions for registration: List B

17.13 Each club is entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B during the season.

17.14 A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1986 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with UEFA.

This List B rule is implemented in the game by the way you can play squad members under 21 without having to register them in the initial message. But I don’t think it is 100% accurately coded as based on 17.14 if Theo Walcott is not registered in the initial squad then he should be ineligible to play in Europe as he has not played for Arsenal for 2 uninterrupted years. Yet I can take control of Arsenal, not register Walcott in the initial list but he is still available to play.

The List B rule would also affect the eligibility of previously loaned players as if that loan period meant the player had not been at the club for 2 consecutive years he would be ineligible for List B but could be registered in List A as a ‘locally trained player’.

I don't think if you loan the player, it will count that year at the other club. I had problem with that when I loan player out of the club and those years were not counted. FM will only counts if the player stays at your club physically for 3 years prior 21. Otherwise you can just buy U18 players and loan them and don't sell them before they get 21, which is not what homegrown really means. The kid needs to stay in the club for 3 years I believe.

Archived