Issue with Serie A clubs exceeding non-EU limit

Croatia is an EU country (Southern-EU), though Croatia is not in the list of the EU counties in FM11.

Maybe it's not on the FM list of EU countries because it isn't in the EU !?!? I've been there and know for a fact it isn't. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Member_State_of_the_European_Union

So I'm guessing nobody knows why this is happening then? Oh well...

I think I remember reading something that suggested that the game interpreted the ruling as being one player per calendar year. So in your Palermo example they signed Sharbini in 2010 and Lobos in 2011.

That may be the reason. Whether the rule works like that in real life I don't know.

Croatia is not in the European Community but sign an accord with EU to be considered as an EU country...... There are a lot of country in the same case.

Seems silly to me. Shouldn't be classed as being in the EU until it actually is.

I think I remember reading something that suggested that the game interpreted the ruling as being one player per calendar year. So in your Palermo example they signed Sharbini in 2010 and Lobos in 2011.

That may be the reason. Whether the rule works like that in real life I don't know.

I did actually think that, but the rule says per season. A bit misleading if that's the case.

Seems silly to me. Shouldn't be classed as being in the EU until it actually is.

I did actually think that, but the rule says per season. A bit misleading if that's the case.

For your first point, it may seem silly to you, but its a political decision which wasn't taken with football in mind, but it is a nice knock on effect. Croatia has some superb talent to snap up!

I believe the implementation of the rule is bugged and has been acknowledged as such by SI. Should imagine it will be fixed in 11.2.

For your first point, it may seem silly to you, but its a political decision which wasn't taken with football in mind, but it is a nice knock on effect.

As far as I can see there isn't even anything in place confirming they should be treated as an EU country.

Even so, there's still something wrong with this, unless Brazil has signed an agreement to become part of the EU...

As far as I can see there isn't even anything in place confirming they should be treated as an EU country.

Even so, there's still something wrong with this, unless Brazil has signed an agreement to become part of the EU...

They have individual agreements with member states, they are due very soon to join the EU, barring major slip ups, therefore many of the rights of EU citizens are handed on to Croatia in recognition of this.

There's a lot to read here and here.

Its boring though.

As for the Brazil thing, I don't know. To the bug forum mate.

There is an issue with the EU rule in Italy.

I bought a non EU in January of the first season with Palermo, then in the transfer window for the 2nd season i tried to sign another non EU but it said i had already bought one even though i had not made any signings for the new season.

There is an issue with the EU rule in Italy.

I bought a non EU in January of the first season with Palermo, then in the transfer window for the 2nd season i tried to sign another non EU but it said i had already bought one even though i had not made any signings for the new season.

Looks like it is classing it as one per calendar year then, instead of a season.

Archived