QA and Player Comm's suggestion - Please read SI

All,

We're all aware that there are a plethora of threads highlighting bugs, glitches and other frustrating aspects of this game. Some done so in a more constructive manner than others.

This is an idea borrowed from CCP, the makers of EVE Online.

If we (forum members) voted through a secure system for a small group of members to respresent us and our opinions, feedback, concerns etc. This group would then in turn meet face-to-face with SI to discuss (constructively) issues, desires and so on. This would happen at least twice a year with a report being submitted from SI and the Player's Rep's individually. This has been beneficial to Eve Online and has resulted in many player driven suggestions being actioned by CCP from varying aspects of the game.

There's a lot more to be said, but I don't want to go into massive detail.

What are your thoughts?

OK, in theory this is all well and good. In practice it doesn't work.

For an example, see real life trade unions. That system is the same, the only difference is we couldn't strike ^^

In all honesty, we actually do already contribute heavily to the development of Football Manager. Dynamic League Reputation has been shouted for and it's been received. Player agents as well. Going further back, the 3D match engine was a common request by people who used to like the old management games on the ZX Spectrum with the stickmen; promptly, SI introduced the 3D match engine.

Even as we talk, SI have actively listened to suggestions about improve the stat colours to more accurately reflect high and low stats on the player screens. They've also acknowledged that press conferences aren't up to scratch. They completely overhauled the games news system which is significantly better this year.

So I believe in the concept of what you are saying, but limiting the feedback to a small group of players would be counter-productive. Although there is a huge amount of &h&* to wade through at times on here, the odd good suggestion is often taken onboard.

I agree with Tubey. We do see change and SI do listen to player feedback. That is what the bug forums are for, for one thing. There is a team of moderators to wade through the threads and I am sure they have powers to pass on anything useful directly to the eyes of SI. SI dev team members also come here and read the forums, and they have a wishlist topic set up to ask for people's wants for the future of FM.

EVE Online is a little different in that it is an online game that is contually developed and paid for on a subscription basis. I am sure, like most MMOs, they have a test server where ideas/patches can be implemented and tested by people who are interested in providing that feedback. I don't think SI really have that available to them, unless you count match engine changes that could be tried out in FML.

It's a good line to take though RealMeanDigsy, and it's good to see someone take a different stance than harranguing SI for not doing whatever it is that they don't do, or making a game no one can play.

The best thing people can do is make suggestions when they think they are warranted, use the bug report threads and follow the guidelines and be polite and constructive. It's a start.

Archived