Haggling player contracts!

When negotiating a player contract, I kinda went too far with haggling. His agent then told me that he has withdrawn from talks. I go back to the player and try to negotiate a contract, but the player still refuses to talk to me..

How long do I have to wait before he finally agrees to talk to me? And is it player specific?

You could try making the odd nice comment about the player via the press interaction.

Over time it may make him like you again, i know you can do this to butter players up for a few months before you buy them.

Would be a logical assumption to say that this may make them like you/talk to you again...but not sure.

Ideally, you'd need him to sack that agent i guess. And this does happen, not sure if you can somehow suggest he sacks his agent though...maybe a future addition into the player interaction (If your player) or press statements (if not your player) ...if it's not there already.

...maybe just a little press comment to say you dont think his agent is good for him or something would be cool. Just to get him into thinking about sacking the useless greedy agent!?

I've had players being unhappy after this, then I make them happy saying I'm going to offer them a new deal, then the agent has to talk to me. There is one agent in particular in my game that this always happens with, his opinion of me is listed as hatred and I wish he would die too.

Archived