What's the most outrageous contract you have offered!

Ok - this was a very drawn out process, which I liked, I liked the new transfer system, negotiating with agents etc. But I finally got a player I always wanted and it cost me big time in contract negotiations ;)

Buying Lahm I offer him a contract, and his agent had some requests, so I clicked on "Use Existing" and it wouldn't let me offer as I had to meet some requirements set by board, so I lowered the agent fee, signing on fee etc. Until I could offer. Then the Signing on fee jumped back up to something I couldn't offer (10.5m) so I again lowered it to 7.5m.

after I offer it springs back up to 10.5. Hmmm so I went through some clauses. I offered him half the purse if I sold him to anyone else and I offered him a weekly wage of 300,000 after 30 games.

Now, I can't offer 300,000 in normal circumstances for wages, 225,000 is the most.

And I won't be selling him on so he won't be getting half the purse of his sale - so I think I basically conned Phillip Lahm into signing for me?

Or he conned me?

I always wanted Lahm and could never get him in FM10. Finally got my player that I've wanted to buy for ages, but I had to pull out all the stops.

He's on

€30m transfer

225,000 a week

7.25m signing on fee

Agents fee of 6.25m

Yearly wage rise of 10%

After 30 games = 300,000 a week

Whatever I sell him for he gets 50%

(Ronaldo didn't have this many demands :p )

a tad too expensive, but is a very consistent player! congrats on "conning" him.

actually you could try getting into his good books before signing, he would accept much lower wages.

my most outrageous is offering messi a contract when he was 27 and leaving barcelona.

his agent wanted 17.5m and messi want 36m sign on fee.

as i waited and waited ( no one wants him )

then he fired his agent. apparently, if you are on good terms with him, he would accept very low wages.

he ( no agent ) accepted a salary of 175k and sign on fee of 10.5m

You have been mugged good and proper xD

£265'000 per week after 30 games, plus over £6m in his back pocket for signing his name...

You're paying him well in excess of £12m per year, which will only rise further with the 10% yearly rise... £26'500 extra every year you have him...

Let's put it this way; I'm glad you're not managing my club ^^ Good luck to ya though!

Ha - yeh I know it's ridiculous. But I said I'd do everything to get him this time and see what wages and signing on fees I can exploit to get him to sign. I don't care about the wages in this particular case. I do know that even if someone comes in with a bid and I accept it the other club probably won't be able afford his wages. So that's another con my way LOL.

Ah it's just a bit of fun. I don't really get too serious about the game.

One summer I offered Stevie G £275k per week on FM10, but he rejected it, despite Liverpool finishing 8th and my Man City side finishing second. He was 31 too!

This year I can't even offer that. Pesky agents.

Highest number I had accepted was C. Ronaldo @ £170,000 per week. He asked for £140,000 but Arsenal also bid for him so I thought I'd blow them out of the water.

In my save as Liverpool I got Tevez for cheap after 2 seasons. I had him on £145,000 per week, but he also had a "match highest earner" clause, which I had also given Torres a while back. A while later Ronaldo got listed at Madrid and I managed to get him, albeit on £275,000 a week, which I could just about afford without my club starting to hemorrhage money. Low and behold, a moment later I realise that I now have 3 players earning £275,000 per week... I was kind of already bored of the save because of the transfer bug but if I had carried on this would have ruined the club. :p

Archived