Low on memory?

Maybe its Virtual Memory.....I had a message saying FM was low in Memory...then it would quit on me. I only had 1.5GB of free space on the C drive, and 1.2GB of this was being used as a paging file (virtual memory) So I have changed this to hav 4GB free space on C drive and its been fine now for a couple of days.

So try making more free space on C drive, or moving your Paging file (virtual memory) to a drive with more free disk space. Also, set your virtual memory to system managed.

As a benchmark you need at least as much space left on the harddrive (for the virtual memory) as you have RAM in your computer. So if you have 4Gb RAM you need 4Gb on your harddrive to be used as virtual memory. Also, what gorge9990 said, make sure you set the virtual memory to be managed by the system.

As a benchmark you need at least as much space left on the harddrive (for the virtual memory) as you have RAM in your computer. So if you have 4Gb RAM you need 4Gb on your harddrive to be used as virtual memory. Also, what gorge9990 said, make sure you set the virtual memory to be managed by the system.

How do you set that?

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Go to "computer" properties, there you click "advanced system settings", in the tabblad "advanced", at performance click "settings" and in that screen choose the tabblad "advanced".

There you can change the amount of virtual memory you use.

Go to "computer" properties, there you click "advanced system settings", in the tabblad "advanced", at performance click "settings" and in that screen choose the tabblad "advanced".

There you can change the amount of virtual memory you use.

Thank you. Cheers. :thup.

Archived