Long Shots bug?

Completed a season on the game and I thought I did alright, one thing that really gets me though is the amount of long shots my players have... And before anyone says it...

Long shots are not the preferred moves of any of my players

I only tell the ones with a good rating to try them often

and no. Its not my tactics

I find this happens with alarming regularity and I end up having 13/14 shots on goal, 90% of which are from way out. Has it been confirmed it is something to do with the game or is there a way to prevent it? Cheers.

It's the best feeature in the game!

Windy? "Pass to feet"

4-0 up and crusing? "Take a breather"

Have a mess around :)

you no what i havent really got into it, i thought it was all bollocks haha, im going to start getting into it :) cheers

you no what i havent really got into it, i thought it was all bollocks haha, im going to start getting into it :) cheers

It's just an easier way of changing styles within the tactics section, without having to pause the game and manually go in there and do it. Genius.

What do you do if you dont use the tactic creator?

I don't think that anyone has worked out exactly what shouts work if you use classic tactics.

I suspect that some of them will work, mainly those that have an effect on the sliders that you've not manually changed. So it's possible that some shouts will work for you but not for other people who use the classic tactics.

I also suspect that those of us who use the tactic creator but make minor changes to some sliders or player setting will also see some shouts not working for the whole team as they should. For example one of my central midfielders has a Long Shot of 4 and most of the available positions for him has Long Shots set to Sometimes or even Often. If I change that to Rarely then use the Shoot on Sight shout then I'm pretty sure that he'll still be set to Rarely, when the other players will be set to Sometimes or Often. In that case I'm perfectly happy, unless I really wanted him to brain a pidgeon who's sitting on the roof of the stand.

I don't think that anyone has worked out exactly what shouts work if you use classic tactics.

I suspect that some of them will work, mainly those that have an effect on the sliders that you've not manually changed. So it's possible that some shouts will work for you but not for other people who use the classic tactics.

I also suspect that those of us who use the tactic creator but make minor changes to some sliders or player setting will also see some shouts not working for the whole team as they should. For example one of my central midfielders has a Long Shot of 4 and most of the available positions for him has Long Shots set to Sometimes or even Often. If I change that to Rarely then use the Shoot on Sight shout then I'm pretty sure that he'll still be set to Rarely, when the other players will be set to Sometimes or Often. In that case I'm perfectly happy, unless I really wanted him to brain a pidgeon who's sitting on the roof of the stand.

I wasn't aware you could use shouts with classic tactics. I don't think you could in FM10, maybe I'm wrong

Archived