Problem with checking player compensation, maybe

I think I have found a problem with the new contract offer system, pertaining to players you enter the offer contract screen simply to see how much compensation you'd have to pay (I cannot see where else you get this info from), and exit the contract negotiation. An example will suffice (using a player I had no intention of buying):

MariusMllerProfile_ContractOffer.png

MariusMllerProfile_ContractOffer-2.png

The first is me offering the contract, the second is after exiting without proposing and then going back into the contract screen immediately after. I will check up after a month (and every month thereafter) to see if this reply is persistent.

I am unwilling to call this a bug, if it is anything it is an unintended consequence of a new mechanic. And my thought on the best proposal for fixing it is to show the compensation (same as for previous games, "from £X to £Y") in another scree, maybe the transfer screen.

P.S. due to being poor I only bought the game today, am loving it so far (though I knew I would from the demo).

In a way I would call it a bug

I wanted to offer my player a contract extension, however I couldn't yet afford it so I left the screen (no offers or anything, I just know a player on £4500/wk isn't going to accept the £550/wk I was restricted too), yet whenever coming back into the screen to see if my restrictions had increased I couldn't offer a contract, and this went on for about 3 months

In the end, I had to sell him to make some money before his contract ran out and he left for free

Perhaps, just leaving the screen without actually pressing "Exit Talks" might be a workaround, I'm not sure

Perhaps, just leaving the screen without actually pressing "Exit Talks" might be a workaround, I'm not sure

Maybe but it would be a bit dicey to leave it lie like that. I think there may have to be a bit of a re-think in your situation with the contracts, e.g. an "I want to give you what you want but can't afford it yet. I'll be back in a month when finances are better" button.

Archived