Installing on two PCs?

Bought the game, and I'm wondering if I can get my CD Key banned or something if I install the game on two PCs. Living with my g/f, we're both fans of AC Milan, she has never played the game and would like to give it a try. Would I risk anything by installing the game on her PC or should I just buy another copy?

Give her a try on my copy? She'll be lucky if I even speak more than three words to her in the next few days. It's Football Manager we're talking about here, what are you thinking?! :D

EDIT: Bah, another copy it is, it seems. Rise and shine, and shifted into 5th gear as soon as she saw the game is downloading (53% atm). If I waste money on another copy so she can spend 5min playing it, I'll hunt you down Kriss... wherever you go to hang your hat! :D

The 5 seat thingy was for FM08? only, you can install by Steam to any number of PC's but need the disc in to play.

The "requirement" is a separate copy for each person, hope that clarifies, and of course I was joking about letting her within several feet of your PC:D

You've got me worried now... last year I installed my game on these 3 different PC's using my steam account... so obviously had no copy of the game disc. Are you saying this won't be possible this year?

Me too. There's no problem with that whatsoever. I play at home and at work, installed via my steam account.

I'm saying that the EULA states that each person should own a copy of the game, you of course can play on as many different PC's as you like, but not simultaneously.

That should make it abundantly clear I hope.

She gets on without a problem, I just hope you don't require screenshots or we'll have ourselves a problem :D As for the game, we threw the dice for "who will play with AC Milan" in our first LAN game and ofc I lost! I'm on the verge of sending assassins to hunt you down Kriss! :D

Steam is the way to go.

I had FM2010 installed through Steam on my desktop PC as well as my netbook. You will be able to play the game on any machine that has Steam, as long as you don't try to run the game simultaneously on two or more PCs. Well, I mean, you CAN do it, but I guess it wouldn't be 'legal'?

Just to take a slightly different direction. I have it installed via steam on my home PC, but spend a lot of time at another house with no Internet. Am I ok to install the game by disk if it's for me to play?

Yup, you can install it on as many PC's as you want provided you only use one at a time:)

Archived