SPL Help

im with celtic and won the title last year but i still have to go through the qualifying rounds of th champs league. I thought it was the champions who go straight into the draw for the group stages and miss the qualifying part or am i missing something here?

im with celtic and won the title last year but i still have to go through the qualifying rounds of th champs league. I thought it was the champions who go straight into the draw for the group stages and miss the qualifying part or am i missing something here?

The coefficients of the Scottish league must have dropped, such that the champions now have to play qualifiers.

• SI Staff

Scotland only got an automatic place (in season 2010/11) if the titleholder slot wasn't used. In the game they will most likely drop places due to poor performances over the last five years which means the SPL winners will have to qualify.

The winners of the SPL this season will have to go through a few qualifying rounds with the runners up going into the Europa League.

Archived