Does Positional Rating Use Up Attribute Points?

So a pretty simple question.

One thing I have noted, I recently signed a def. mid. with the intention of training him up to play right back, I have noticed though that as his rating for right back has gone up, some of his profile stats like Positoning and Tackling have gone down. Is this the reason?

It has also happened with my new striker who I have trained to play AMR, and now Technique, Dribbling, First Touch etc. have dropped.

Thanks.

I remember someone saying last week that, if a player trains a new position his attribute will decrease related to position. If hes a AML with great passing, then training him at AMC will take away lots of CA. But AML to AMR will be free.

I remember someone saying last week that, if a player trains a new position his attribute will decrease related to position. If hes a AML with great passing, then training him at AMC will take away lots of CA. But AML to AMR will be free.

Yes, its worth pointing out that because AML/AMR, DL/DR & ML/MR use the same attributes that a player can retrain to the opposite side for free other than maybe increasing the strength of his weak foot.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Are there any topics/posts anybody could link me to that go into greater detail on attribute weighting? I would like to know a little more about it and save myself from these mistakes in future.

Post 3 in the thread linked below has a table but I don't know how accurate it is:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/197595-Attribute-Weighting?highlight=attribute+weighting

Archived