Youth loan?

I saw that Bristol City had signed Steven Caulker on loan from Spurs - the article interested me...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bristol_city/9034661.stm

"Under the rules of the youth loan, Caulker will still be allowed to train with Spurs and play reserve-team matches for the Premier League side."

I had never heard of this youth loan option before - is it new, and if so, should it be in FM?

When there will be a visible differenece in the player progression: youth team play or going to loan, then this would be interesting, week i week out to see if he eventually progressed or not.

In my LLM experience if I loan a player and play him then he eventually is getting better. But if I'm a big club and loan out players then they seem to come back the same. Maybe because there's a lack of report from the assistant manager that look man this is how he looked when he left and these are the improvements: finishing 8 (+2), strength 12 (+1). He failed to improve he's Acceleration 7 (-1) etc.

When there will be a visible differenece in the player progression: youth team play or going to loan, then this would be interesting, week i week out to see if he eventually progressed or not.

In my LLM experience if I loan a player and play him then he eventually is getting better. But if I'm a big club and loan out players then they seem to come back the same. Maybe because there's a lack of report from the assistant manager that look man this is how he looked when he left and these are the improvements: finishing 8 (+2), strength 12 (+1). He failed to improve he's Acceleration 7 (-1) etc.

yes i agree with that. i singed bruma(??) once in league 2. on his debut he was shocking and looked out of depth but after that he got better with every game and in the end was 1st on my team sheet. but if i loan players out then they dont seem to improve

yes this should be in. or otherwise we should be able to see the green pop arrows when he is at the other club.

Archived