MAC version of game won't load...

today I bought FM10 from a well known games store, first hand, and installed it onto my Mac, which is brand new, plenty of space, with OS 10.6 i think. When i tried to open the application to play the game, all I got was a message saying 'Football Manager 2010 v 10 . 0 . 0 f 80362 quit unexpectedly'. Why has this happened? I have tried the classic 'switch it on and off again' technique, as well as uninstalling and then reinstalling football manager, neither of which have had any success....

The most common fix for the game failing to launch is that you need to verify your skin cache. To do so, right click on the FM icon and then select properties > local files > verify integrity of game cache.

Then you should update your DirectX, download and install from the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

This should solve the issue.

The most common fix for the game failing to launch is that you need to verify your skin cache. To do so, right click on the FM icon and then select properties > local files > verify integrity of game cache.

Then you should update your DirectX, download and install from the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

This should solve the issue.

annoyingly, i can't actually get to 'verify integrity of game cache' on my computer... is that a PC thing?

today I bought FM10 from a well known games store, first hand, and installed it onto my Mac, which is brand new, plenty of space, with OS 10.6 i think. When i tried to open the application to play the game, all I got was a message saying 'Football Manager 2010 v 10 . 0 . 0 f 80362 quit unexpectedly'. Why has this happened? I have tried the classic 'switch it on and off again' technique, as well as uninstalling and then reinstalling football manager, neither of which have had any success....

You're running it without the patch, post 10.6.3 update to MacOSX you need to patch FM to 10.3 and then you shouldn't have a problem.

Archived