Very interesting fixture kerfuffle - Home? Away? Neutral? All 3!

I'm Iran and in the Asian cup qualifiers with Kuwait, Syria and Yemen.

My fixture list tells me that my first set of 3 games are all the away/neutral games, and the next set is the home games.

My away game to Kuwait is neutral and held in Yemen (Yemen is my only non-neutral away game). All's well.

Then I play away-neutral to Syria, in Yemen. However, the team order has me (Iran) at home (odds, the teams at the top of the page, stats etc.) and the kits also reflect this. I win 10-0 and it seems very much like a home game, rather than away or even neutral.

My 'home' game against Syria will be held in Iran, but Syria seems to be set as the home team (odds).

Interestingly, Syria and Iran played each other in Asian Cup qualifiers in August and September 2006 (couple of months after the game started) and Syria didn't play any neutral games. Iran and Syria's games were played home and away (Syria played in their stadium in Damascus).

Incidentally, Syria's home game to Yemen will be neutral and held in Iran (in fact, all of their home games this year are neutral). If political tensions are the reason for the ground changes, this makes no sense. Or is it because of stadium capacity? How does that explain 2006?

So, anyone else experienced this then?

I hope it doesn't kill my game. >_>

P.S. It is FM 2007.

I could be wrong but dont they play their games in spells. So all away/neutral and then home.

Not if you think about it. Say Iran play all their home games in the first set of fixtures and Kuwait play all their away games, what happens with Syria and Yemen?

i dont see how it will kill your game, but you are best off posting in the data issues threads, there is one for asia that includes competition data issues, see if they can help you out :)
Don't, it's FM07.

I don't think there's anything I could do to stop a hypothetical crash other than to reload an old game and try resigning or holidaying anyway.

Not if you think about it. Say Iran play all their home games in the first set of fixtures and Kuwait play all their away games, what happens with Syria and Yemen?

I don't think there's anything I could do to stop a hypothetical crash other than to reload an old game and try resigning or holidaying anyway.

i wasnt talking about posting in the asian data thread about the crash, i was telling you to look there for the actual problem you have with your fixtures.

i wasnt talking about posting in the asian data thread about the crash, i was telling you to look there for the actual problem you have with your fixtures.

They're 2010 specific so there won't be any thread on it. Also, posting in the bug forum makes the others assume I'm reporting a bug or needing a solution. The moment I say I'm just discussing it, it'll probably get moved here anyway.

Plus, this is a more active forum.

Archived