Points for winning lower leagues please

jon.m

Forgive me if I'm a bit behind the times - I haven't played FM since the 2007 version (before that I'd owned every release since around 2000).

One thing I'd love to have introduced is some recognition for work done in the lower leagues and winning trophies such as the League Cup.

If you get 40 points (I think it was) for winning the Premiership or Serie A, then surely 20 points or so would be appropriate for winning the Championship or Serie B etc.

Similarly, 20 points were gained for the FA Cup whereas none were awarded for The League Cup. Granted, it is not such a prestigious trophy, but some recognition is deserved (10 points?). It is worthy of note that many of the big clubs, who didn't take it seriously for a number of years, now deem it worthwhile pursuing.

I love the idea of building your reputation over the years and accruing a score to compare yourself against the greats; but receiving no reward for work done in the lower divisions or League Cup was really frustrating.

Any thoughts?

Was this addressed in later editions?

Thanks for reading.

If its about Hall of Fame, then you only get Pts for winning the top Division or a big cup. Still.

I think the Pts should be related to the quality of league or the level of achievement (Fulhams run to EL Final VS Chelsea's EPL Win)

Cup and league wins do show on your manager achievments but lower league achievments dont get you points.

I think this is fair, as there is no way that a manager who has won the Blue Square north ten times in a row would be considered for the hall of fame with the likes of Ferguson and Wenger etc. After all your unlikely to have much of a reputation at that level, so there is no way you would be known to the world/nation, yet alone make it into a hall of fame.

Lower league management is rewarding but im afraid it doesnt bring with it national aclaim.

Cup and league wins do show on your manager achievments but lower league achievments dont get you points.

I think this is fair, as there is no way that a manager who has won the Blue Square north ten times in a row would be considered for the hall of fame with the likes of Ferguson and Wenger etc. After all your unlikely to have much of a reputation at that level, so there is no way you would be known to the world/nation, yet alone make it into a hall of fame.

Lower league management is rewarding but im afraid it doesnt bring with it national aclaim.

It would be almost impossible to win the BSP 10 times in a row or any lower league as when you win it you won't be in it since you're promoted. :p

But I can see the OP's point. I just think the managerial achievements in general could be improved.

It would be almost impossible to win the BSP 10 times in a row or any lower league as when you win it you won't be in it since you're promoted. :p

But I can see the OP's point. I just think the managerial achievements in general could be improved.

Ive seen some people here who like to remain as LLM and if they get promoted apply for jobs lower down and start again

Heard of a Yo-Yo club ;)

I want points for second and third place. For example, 5/10 points for coming second in the Prem.

This coming from me , 20 points from a sole Spanish Cup win, the day after I join the club. However, I've come second in the Prem, second in the African Nations twice, and third in the World Cup.

Points for second...

I want points for second and third place. For example, 5/10 points for coming second in the Prem.

This coming from me , 20 points from a sole Spanish Cup win, the day after I join the club. However, I've come second in the Prem, second in the African Nations twice, and third in the World Cup.

Points for second...

But you havent won anything? Why do you deserve any points? (I mean this without sounding harsh!)

No one remembers the losers of a final or the runners up in the league, only the winners.

Ive seen some people here who like to remain as LLM and if they get promoted apply for jobs lower down and start again

True, that is why I said almost impossible to win 10 it times in a row as the only way is to move to another club but to keep winning the league in your first season and move on again for 10 successive seasons is unlikely to say the least.

Heard of a Yo-Yo club ;)

I did but that means you can't win in the league 10 years in a row as you have to go back down which uses up a year in the higher division. :p

But you havent won anything? Why do you deserve any points? (I mean this without sounding harsh!)

No one remembers the losers of a final or the runners up in the league, only the winners.

Roy Hodgson lost the europa league final :D

I agree though, look at Real Madrid.

True, that is why I said almost impossible to win 10 it times in a row as the only way is to move to another club but to keep winning the league in your first season and move on again for 10 successive seasons is unlikely to say the least.

I did but that means you can't win in the league 10 years in a row as you have to go back down which uses up a year in the higher division. :p

Either way, I was just trying to demonstrate my point that you can have great success at a lower level but this doesnt guarentee that anyone will know who you are and that you get the recognition that you probably deserve. Therefore the hall of fame in FM is quite realistic.

There is no way that someone who won 10 trophies in their career in the conference would be compared to Wenger (for example)

I think Pts in HOF should be decided by the quality of football in the given country.

Like winning Welsh PL is not as big as English PL.

Also Bringing a Conference club to UCL is certainly HOF worthy.

Yeah I agree. But isnt that what happens aleady? When i won the Dutch league 6 times with Den Bosch I still had some way to go before I overtook the next person above me in the HOF, despite winnign more league titles

I think you should only get Hall of Fame recognition for winning the top league/cups in that country, not the leagues or cups that can be achieved lower down the footballing spectrum.

Yeah I agree. But isnt that what happens aleady? When i won the Dutch league 6 times with Den Bosch I still had some way to go before I overtook the next person above me in the HOF, despite winnign more league titles

No I think not.

Either way, I was just trying to demonstrate my point that you can have great success at a lower level but this doesnt guarentee that anyone will know who you are and that you get the recognition that you probably deserve. Therefore the hall of fame in FM is quite realistic.

There is no way that someone who won 10 trophies in their career in the conference would be compared to Wenger (for example)

I don't think that is what he meant. He meant you should earn some points for winning the those leagues not a similar amount but less so you would not be compared to Wenger or whoever. This is not saying I agree with that idea either as how far down do you go and it becomes a bit more complicated.

I think Pts in HOF should be decided by the quality of football in the given country.

Like winning Welsh PL is not as big as English PL.

Also Bringing a Conference club to UCL is certainly HOF worthy.

I am pretty sure it works that way already. I could be wrong though.

Archived