Is there any tactic to injure the oppositions players?

So last day of the season and it's a bit of a nothing fixture between my Kidderminster and Luton Town - two sides already guarenteed to meet 10 days later in the BSP playoffs.

The match itself is a nothing fixture a we took a pretty poor 1-0 win, but whats worse is Luton managed to injure 5 of my players in that one match 0_o - and all of them will miss both legs of the playoffs. Just curious if anyone had any experience of this in the past or if its just a freak accident? I doubt the AI is smart enough to do anything like that but it's certainly gone a long way to making this whole season a waste of time :(.

Can't even give anyone injections either... sigh.

Mmmmmmm, I tried in a friendly setting all 10 outfield players to mark one player, he didn't last the whole match :D.

Amazingly my half-reserve team managed to win me the playoffs, we smashed Luton home and away too 0_o. Never seen 5 injuries in one match before, let alone before my most important matches of the season lol.

So last day of the season and it's a bit of a nothing fixture between my Kidderminster and Luton Town - two sides already guarenteed to meet 10 days later in the BSP playoffs.

The match itself is a nothing fixture a we took a pretty poor 1-0 win, but whats worse is Luton managed to injure 5 of my players in that one match 0_o - and all of them will miss both legs of the playoffs. Just curious if anyone had any experience of this in the past or if its just a freak accident? I doubt the AI is smart enough to do anything like that but it's certainly gone a long way to making this whole season a waste of time :(.

Can't even give anyone injections either... sigh.

lol it's not coincidence, it's a conspiracy!

The AI just wants to take out all your players for the Play Off match. :D

Dirty tactics from the AI manager. :D

Set your players to go in hard, set the team instruction to hard tackling, tell your players to hard tackle all the opposition using OI. I believe its called 'doing a Stoke'

This :thup:

Out of interest though, if it was a nothing game and you were set to meet them in the playoffs in ten days time, why didn't you just rest your best players to avoid picking up any injuries?

I think it's a great feature personally that sometimes a whole bunch of your players will get butchered by a team of cloggers. It's annoying when it happens, but sometimes if you step back you can kind of think "that DOES happen sometimes, it's ok". It makes those decisions you make about whether to rest such-and-such a player for X game so he'll be ready for Y game without breaking any bones all the more tangible and truer to life.

And i'd love to be able to get my team to injure as many of the opposition as possible in certain situations. Sure, there'd be a lot of red cards, but it's a tactic that exists in some managerial minds *cough* Tony Pulus *cough*

Archived