Better regens at your club

So, I'm doing the San Marino challenge - managing the national team AND the club team. After successive promotions at the beginning of the game, I found myself in Serie B. I then just missed out on the play-offs in my first season in Serie B. The thing is, my players coming through the youth team don't really seem to be getting any better.

What factors are considered when the game is creating new players for your youth team?

I would assume that better youth facilities mean better players coming through, but I've also heard that club reputation, coaches and the FIFA ranking of the country from which the players originate (in my case San Marino) affect it.

Does anybody know for sure?

My youth facilities don't actually seem to be upgrading for some reason at the moment. The board keeps agreeing that something needs to be done. Pretty sure that they even said that work was being done on it at the end of last season and would "only take a short while" but the facilities are still only adequate.

the FIFA ranking of the country from which the players originate (in my case San Marino) affect it.

Does anybody know for sure?

That's going to be the biggest problem I would have thought, in order to ensure that San Marino permenantley have a carp team, there's probably a cap or something on PA of players from San Marino.

My youth facilities don't actually seem to be upgrading for some reason at the moment. The board keeps agreeing that something needs to be done. Pretty sure that they even said that work was being done on it at the end of last season and would "only take a short while" but the facilities are still only adequate.

Ive had something similar to this happen on a save a little while back, I thought it was a bug and that my facilities wouldn't upgrade but if you wait it out thenthey will get better.

Adequate represents more than one number out of 20 - I suspect 'state of the art' is 19/20 for instance, so adequate is probably something like 5-10

Archived