database editing fmh2007

i was just wondering what you will be able to edit on the database editor. i am very much looking forward to breaking through the plastic wrapping on the new football manager handheld!

i was just wondering what you will be able to edit on the database editor. i am very much looking forward to breaking through the plastic wrapping on the new football manager handheld!

All I know is that Marc said that you'll use some kind of text editor on your PC to edit the database. Trying to make text changes of PSP would be a bit onerous!!

Marc is hoping to make a quick editor program to go with the PSP launch....I think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alborz:

i hope that it comes with a realtime editor. because I prefer those much more than the database editors </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No real-time editor I'm afraid - two reasons, (1) that'd be cheating, (2) its easiest to edit things on a PC and that you can't do real time editing from a PC onto a PSP really.

(but I am working on a simple editor to allow people to avoid editing the text configuration files by hand)

Marc,

You can easily rest assured that the FMH community would embrace a full-on data editor as opposed to a limited one, even if it means editing the data on PC and then transferring it back to PSP memory stick.

Sadly, I confess that I've only ever finished about five or six full seasons whilst playing the old SI CM and then the annual FMs - I spend most of the time editing. Sad? Perhaps, but I've never had as much fun with any other games. The thought of editing FMH 2008 in all its glory has me absolutely salivating. By God, man, please do it - I'm begging you! I can't imagine any of the FMH community telling you they'd rather you didn't!

What say ye, good sir?

The ability to fully edit (to the same degree as the PC version, or at least the equivalent on the PSP) would be brilliant.

Technically, I see no reason why it can't be done - although it does demand more than the regular 32MB stick. Which is the sticking point for SI if there just aren't enough people to justify spending the time on it.

Sing, people! Sing! Unless you have a 32MB stick, then mime.

Archived