"Swap position" option

just a quick question about the swap position option in advanced player controls

Does it swap just the position on the pitch and not the player role or does it swap the player role as well?

For example I want Fabregas (Deep lying playmaker) and Song (Ball winning) to swap but only to swap positions so it will mix up oposition marking as fabregas is always tight marked as he would be.

but i was wondering doing that does it swap fab into the defensive midfielder role? or keep him as the playmaker just in the other midfield position

i hope that makes sense ty

as said above.

The question is if they switch do you really want them playing with the same instructions? If you have one footed wingers switching with the other winger you wouldn't want him to " get to the byline" or do you want him to cut inside on the stronger foot. It may take more time but its better to do this manually if you want the best out of the player. I would love to have a player instruction screen for each position you play them in.

as said above.

The question is if they switch do you really want them playing with the same instructions? If you have one footed wingers switching with the other winger you wouldn't want him to " get to the byline" or do you want him to cut inside on the stronger foot. It may take more time but its better to do this manually if you want the best out of the player. I would love to have a player instruction screen for each position you play them in.

My take on the way swapping work is that you wouldn't want to swap wide players, its more for CB's and strikers. Swap striker so the guys marking them are thrown off, or swap CB's so you can get the right marking matchup type thing.

That being said, I don't think it swap's position roles with I don't like, I don't want to swap my target and poacher to a role they can't play effectively. So I almost never use it.

But as said you really can't use it for wide players, what if your right winger had the 'runs down right line' PPM, you can't swap him to the left side unless you wanna see something stupid.

If by player instruction screen you mean you set that players instructions instead of the position then I -TOTALLY- agree. I'm sick of having to change all my advanced setting and other tactics when I make subs.

Archived