Home Grown Players - problem

Ive been asked to select my 25 man squad for the champions league. Its sayin I have to select 4 players trained by the club! Ive promoted all my reserve players and my under 19 players and it says I only have 3 players who are home grown? is that my game finished? It wont let me continue till I find a 4th

I always have this problem if I manage to gain promotion or win a trophy quickly and have built a complete new squad from scratch.

As has been suggested, leave gaps and they will count towards the limits. Also in some competitions, you don't need to give players under a certain age a squad number. The EURO Cup for example, from memory, players under 19 don't have to be actively selected in the competition squad, but are entirely eligible to play.

I always have this problem if I manage to gain promotion or win a trophy quickly and have built a complete new squad from scratch.

As has been suggested, leave gaps and they will count towards the limits. Also in some competitions, you don't need to give players under a certain age a squad number. The EURO Cup for example, from memory, players under 19 don't have to be actively selected in the competition squad, but are entirely eligible to play.

Same with the Champions League and the English Premiership in the 2nd season. Players under the age of 21 or under at the 31.08.** dont have to be registered.

Archived