League change yet I ended in the mid-table.

This is an image of my first season league result with Leamington:

116mm54.jpg

This is the start of my second season in a different leauge:

qyvbfd.jpg

For some reason I, and some other teams have been moved to different leagues. My best guess is that it happened as I replaced one of the Regional Leagues with the Midland Football Alliance as I used to go to MFA games I chose it, now for some reason clubs are being thrown into leagues of the same ability.

Has anyone else had this happen to them or is this just something I may have accidentally made happen by adding the MFA?

Well I haven't really got much of an idea about relegation and promotion below the blue square north/south, but I believe that teams in regional leagues can be moved 'sideways' into other leagues which are the same tier, in order to better accomodate teams geographically that are promoted or relegated. I haven't explained it very well, but it happens with relegation from the BSP, so it shouldn't be hard to look up.

Yeah, the game doesn't regard say Conference North/South as two divisions of 22, but one division of 44 with the actual divisions being nothing more than a group in say the Champions League or something. At the start of every season, the game will, as best it can, divide these teams up into regional groups. Still, due to game limitations, you could still end up with having Newcastle and Pompey in the same group, as it can't divide them up properly and just goes "aw screw it..." and shoves everyone where ever.

Archived