FM 2011 Suggestions

A few suggestions I though of:

The Hall of Fame should be linked to the game, and not the computer. I have often formatted my computer, imported my save games, only to find the Hall of Fame has been reset!

When viewing the history of a player, only league stats are shown from previous seasons. This should be expanded, or at least given the option to expand, into stats for the whole season, including cup and European stats.

Finally, I understand more detailed financial aspects of the game are not in the real of a real football manager. Having said that, I think being given the option (such as an on/off toggle at the beginning of the game) to have more financial control of the game would help. This would include things such as repaying debt off early when having a positive balance after a season. Man Utd for example have crippling debt on the game, and one should have the option of refinancing if there is, for example, a large transfer surplus (selling Ronaldo etc?). Even if one isnt given this control, it should at least be a request one can make of the board!

Anyone agree with any of this?

You do realize they've already announced the game, right? So your wish list is really for FM 2012. :D

Or if the points are easily implemented then they could go into a patch. As for the points made in the original post I disagree with point 2. The manager should not have the ability to deal with any debt that the club has or any other finances. Perhaps if he's a longterm highly successful manger then maybe the board can as his opinion on certain things but at the end of the day it should be up to the board of directors alone.

I agree about the hall of fame, it is not obvious that it is not linked to your save game. I have also lost it part way through my game by moving it between computers.

I also agree with the second point, although I've heard the argument against it as well and can understand why it is the case.

I don't agree with the last one, although it my be good to have more financial control it isn't really a job for the manager, especially when it comes to things like loan repayments.

Archived