Is FMH too easy?!

Have read a lot of threads from people about taking BSP teams to the Premier League, and Hibs winning European cup 10 times etc.... this kind of gives the impression that the current game is too easy.

Have to say the first time I played FMH 2010 having bought it I took Grays straight through 2 divisions in successive seasons. Whilst this was good, I'm sure on earlier versions the game seemed a bit more difficult, and it took a bit more time to get a settled side that could go on to conquer all. My best games have always been those where I start off struggling, and then turn thrings around over a 2-3 year period. But seems now as though instant success is that much easier to attain.

What do others think?

This is by design - the game isn't designed to be overtly difficult and as it's more 'pick up and play' you're supposed to be able to accomplish things easier than you would with the PC version.

I wouldn't say it's too easy myself. It's not as if you can go in without changing anything tactically and without signing anyone and then win whatever competition you're in, there's a bit more to it then that.

I think the difficulty's more in line with the older CM's than FM (PC) which was always the point.

• SI Staff
Most people find the game easy, maybe SI should make it harder ;)

In general from feedback from people I find 10-15% find it 'too easy', 70% 'ok' and 10-15% 'too hard' - if you check the feedback on iTunes you'll find a fair share of 'I can't win at this game' style feedbacks .... its impossible to make it 'right' for everyone unfortunately and some people who comment its too easy now might find their opinion changes later and that they've been lucky with the players coming through from their youth setups or vice versa.

(so in essence I'm not planning on making it any 'harder' for next version although the gameplay will be evolving and changing slightly)

Why not put a difficulty option in such as

Amateur (Begginers)

Semi-Proffesional (Easy)

Proffesional (Normal)

World Class (Hard)

Legend (Very Hard)

Real Life (A balanced difficulty, depends on which team you are)

Yes basically fifa difficulty options but still relates to Football

• SI Staff
Why not put a difficulty option in such as

Amateur (Begginers)

Semi-Proffesional (Easy)

Proffesional (Normal)

World Class (Hard)

Legend (Very Hard)

Real Life (A balanced difficulty, depends on which team you are)

Yes basically fifa difficulty options but still relates to Football

I don't personally believe that 'skill-levels' have any place in football management games.

The reason for this is simply that they change the 'reality' of the game and thus the experience for the user, for instance a lot of management sims which incorporate this sort of thing affect the performance of players when they're playing for you against when they play for other clubs - this means that its impossible to truly judge a players ability because you're 'living' in a different reality to the rest of the clubs in the game.

This is just a 'personal take' on things - but its a mantra which my game design has always revolved around ...

Archived