Portsmouth----confidence they are very disappointed.

I am using latest patch. I took over portsmouth role in 2011 and now in to the 2012/2013 season. They went into administration again and so had 10 points docked. Before that happened when the board give you their expectations it was settled on promotion but then got the 10 points docked. Nothing I could do about that. Had no squad whatsoever could not even get players on free transfers as could not give them more than £90 a week. Now saying all this I am 23 games in to the season and have won 10 drawn 6 and lost 7 and have 26 points and +8 goal difference. However they are really disappointed in me however if I had those 10 points as well I would only be 1 point off play offs. Surely they could not be really disappointed in me as a manager in being able to do this with such depleted numbers and using my under 18 squad as well to do this?

They to summarise, they are very disappointed with your leadership of the team,

their biggest disappointment is without doubt the teams terrible performance in the coca cola championship

Or is this really true to life?

Update now. played 33 won 12, drawn 11 lost 10 with 47 points, if I had them 10 points I would be second in the league. I have now clawed back to only 5 points behind the play offs. And still they are very disappointed. I think that expectations should be able to change if things happen for instance out of no fault of my own the club going into administration and therefore points are docked. Or if you were to have mid table however find yourself near the top then the chairman saying promotion.

I think it might have been easier for you to edit your first post ? You've posted 4 times in a row and no one else has commented !

Anyway back on topic it does seem a bit harsh. I think in future versions they should base confidence on points deductions so they'll know how realistic it is.

This is difficult to handle. The financial situatuion of the club is obviously also in parts the manager's responsibility. Thus if you enter administration it partly your fault usually as well and consequently you'll be to blame for the 10 points deducted as well.

In your case of course that may not be the case as you took over when they were in serious trouble already. Yet I don't know if you could have sold players to avoid entering administration. That would have been your responsibility as their manager to try and avoid that as long as it's avoidable.

In any way, knowing about their situation and the danger of administration it was certainly not a wise move to promise the league title as the possibility of the 10 points deduction needed to be taken into account (and maybe was by the board who now still expect you to ein the league) ...

You see, it's very difficult to figure if you had any chance of avoiding administration or more genrally to judge to which extent a manager is responsible for it (also given that you are handed a budget which should actually avoid any such thing as long as you stay within it, which is another thing to look at). In consequence it might be asked a bit too much from a video game to take all these things into account when blaming or not blaming you for the financial situation and the points deduction. But certainly I would like to see SI trying at least.

As I said, your main problem was your pre-season promise of winning the title.

As I guess you will have done that to get the biggest budget, i.e. you probably haven't done a lot to avoid administration.

Simply, you shouldn't have made promises you (should have known) you couldn't keep.

I had no players of value at all to sell. I only had 10 first team players who were only useful players no one special. So I needed players more than anything. The expectations that were handed to me were only promotion or title and this is before the 10 point deduction and so yea maybe foolishly said I would bring title thats what they expected however I think once the points were docked and I had no money for anything and could not even bring in loan players because of a block on transfers I think then I should be able to go back to board and say to be honest then realistically then avoiding relegation is priority. The budjet I was handed was only 80k for promotion and title.

I am really good in bringing in decent loan players and free transfers and playing to their strengths. First I was at bradford and won league 2 with them and was on course for a double promotion as well in league 1. I then took over crystal palace saved them from relegation and even finished 11th after taking over half way through season. Again with shrewed loan signings and free transfers I felt I could do the same for porstmouth next season I was hovering around 11th with them and then portsmouth came in for me and where in the play off spots. I secured 3rd place however were beaten in play off semi's just thats why I felt I could bring title cause I was aiming to sign decent players whose contracts were going to come to an end and I could sign them on free's however transfer block came in and I could sign no one. So fustrating especially when I look at my stats with portsmouth never mind.

Archived