Salary negotiations and upfront money vs appearance fee

Say I am signing someone and the appearance fee he wants is 10k. Does the AI consider the fact I may do a 5k appearance fee but pay him 100k up front. First why would I do this. Lets say I have lots in cash now but knowing my salary limit is being hit I don't want to be stuck paying 10k and appearance for the next 3 years. The player would accept this because that 100k would be guaranteed money no matter how much he plays. We can change the numbers but I am wondering about the premise. Is the AI smart enough to know that upfront money can be better than appearance fees.

Thanks for you input

I'm pretty sure the AI is smart enough to recognise the difference and calculate it. One case I have had recently has been a player who wanted £130p/w and a £2k signing on fee. Because I had no transfer budget I offered him £150p/w over a 5 year deal so over the course of his contract he will be £3,200 better off. The AI recognised this (I think) and he accepted. I did offer just the £130p/w and no signing on fee originally and it was rejected.

Say I am signing someone and the appearance fee he wants is 10k. Does the AI consider the fact I may do a 5k appearance fee but pay him 100k up front. First why would I do this. Lets say I have lots in cash now but knowing my salary limit is being hit I don't want to be stuck paying 10k and appearance for the next 3 years. The player would accept this because that 100k would be guaranteed money no matter how much he plays. We can change the numbers but I am wondering about the premise. Is the AI smart enough to know that upfront money can be better than appearance fees.

Thanks for you input

yes. i did with scunthorpe. offered less wages but more bonuses and signing on fees.

Archived