Slow Game

Is anyone else having a problem with FM 2010 slowing right down after playing for one season?

Its really starting to annoy me now the game will run smooth as can be for a season then it takes a good 10 mins to even get through a game it i thought it might be because i was running the game from the disc so i installed it to steam but im still having the same problem.

My computer specs are decent

Windows 7

Quad core 2.4ghz

3GB Ram

Any help would be welcome.

Still, I remember when FM07 was released and my computer of the time barely could run the game and handle Portuguese 2 divison B, England Blue Square North\South, Italy Serie B and Spain 2 division, with large db, quite well. and only noticed the game slowing down after season 2015/2016.

It even handle the same settings with FM08, the computer handle it quite well.

So something changed in FM, to make use more memory resources.

What have you got running at the same time as fm? What loads when windows loads? Do you have an anti virus program? If so set it up so that it ignores the fm folders because when its scanning it can slow down the processing quite a lot.

Finally although I am surprised you might need it with the amount of ram you have and a quad core processor but you could try downloading game booster. This is a small, free program that will stop all the programs and process that load with windows that you really dont need running.

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Archived