Most Southern team in Blue Square North (and Vice Versa)

After spending a few season on my current game I decided to go back looking at the Blue Square North where I started my current game with Fleetwood and noticed a lot of south based teams in the league. So just wonder where is the southest team you have seen in the league... or the most Northernest team in the Blue Square South

From what I can see my most South team in the north league is either Braintree or Bishop's Stortford which are just north of London

I know Worcester City moved from South to North one time not too long ago in real life...not sure whether it's more south than the others, but I know it was supposed to be right in the middle of the two.

Worcester is south of Birmingham for those that don't know :) Near to the border with Wales.

Obviously they base it on which teams are most northern/southern in that level, rather than whether they are in the north or south of the country. :p

i have seen braintree in the BSN many times on games. assume they are accidently put in the wrong division as they are from essex.

They might be from Essex but they are still north of London and on a level with the likes of Luton.

If all the other clubs in the BSS are further south then of course they'll be in the BSN.

Below is a link to a map of the current BSS clubs, you can see that only three other clubs are currently further north than Braintree and two of those are only marginal.

BSS Teams

It just depends who gets promoted/relegated.

If all the relegated teams from blue square premier were southern, they cant all go into the blue square south, it would imbalance all the leagues.

eg. My local team, Newcastle Town got promoted to from the North West Counties league to the Southern First Division.

But at low leagues like that i dont think anyone really cares which table they end in. :)

Archived