Why so little variation in the ME?

Since 3D was introduced the ME has gone backwards in terms of variety of play- particularly in the way chances are created and convered. This year its all goals from through balls or long shots.

Why is this the case? Where are the balls across the 6 yard box, pull backs, volleys, overhead/scissor kicks, dinks over the keeper etc etc?

Much of this used to exist in the 2D engine even if we had to visualise it ourselves- so why is there so little variety now?

So much for "progress".

I have never seen balls across the 6 yard box until I bought this amazing winger this season who can do low cross across the 6 yard box. So yea... there you have it. Volleys are there too, altho not the most common just like in real. There are definately overhead and scissors kick. Even backheel passes.

And... I am not so sure about the "dinks over the keeper" meant.

Much of this used to exist in the 2D engine even if we had to visualise it ourselves- so why is there so little variety now?

You mean.. with a very healthy dose of imagination?

I've seen a striker lob a goalkeeper once. I've also seen a goalkeeper lob a goalkeeper from one end of the pitch to the other. So basically, there is the capability for variety, it's just rare and it does often feel a lot of goals come from other sources. Personally, the most reliable goals seem those "through balls", I do get the odd long shot, but those arent reliable, takes many to get one on, headers from crosses I get a fair few of too, only the problem is, I could get 20 crosses into the box and sometimes not score even one as it's headed over most of the time.

So well, there is variety, but some ones are very small chances.

It's your tactics.

Allow your players more creative freedom, but maybe put long shots and through balls to "rarely", and focus your attacks down the wings for more balls into the box.

I score all sorts of different goals. At the weekend Torres ran through the opposition defence and chipped the keeper from outside the box.

yep, those things are in there. Recently I've seen one of my center backs try (and fail) overhead kicks at both ends of the pitch, along with someone who really has no right to (4 finishing 2 technique) lob the keeper from the edge of the area.

I dont see many balls drilled in across the 6 yard box, but since I dont play like that I dont really mind.

Archived