Network Game. Help please

When you turn the Hamachi program on, it lies to the computer by making your ip the same as the ip of the person you are playing with. The hamachi program wont work for mac thus I cant play a network game

So when you play a network game you just enter the ip of the person who makes the league and play?
That's what you do yes,give the IP to your friend,and on his start screen he clicks "network" then enters your IP address.If your using routers though then that's a whole different ball game as ports will possibly need forwarding.

that must be the problem because I get my internet from a router
Ah well i have no knowledge of routers and port forwarding i'm afraid,there is a site that can help you maybe forward the ports.

http://portforward.com/

It lists all the router makes and models,and a step by step guide on how to forward the ports in question,it's all double dutch to me tbh,i use my old ADSL to connect to network games because i'm useless with routers.

goto the help thread in the FMonline section and have aa good read about setting up a network game and if you try everything suggested and still can`t get it to work then make a post in the help thread with what problem you`ve got and someone will give you advice to fix it

You can play a network game without Himachi, you've just got to apply some settings so you can play each other over the internet.

The 'Host' as I understand it will have to find out what there WAN or otherwise is know is their Internet IP address. Just visit www.whatismyip.org to find this out it will be a string of numbers which are seperated by dots. Like so xx.xx.xx.xx This IP address these numbers are what the host will pass this onto their mate or whoever wants to join there game.

In the game go to preferences and choose Network then tick the box to run as server.

All the players that is both of you will need to open ports. For the game. If you haven't done this before visit www.portforward.com There loads of guides on there to do this.

Here is an example to do this on a BT Homehub router. http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/BT/BTHomeHub2/Football_Manager_2005.htm

I would imagine this is all you'll need to do. This is what I have done before, but it was very long time ago. Opening ports will help both parties. I hope this is of use. Good luck.

You can play a network game without Himachi, you've just got to apply some settings so you can play each other over the internet.

The 'Host' as I understand it will have to find out what there WAN or otherwise is know is their Internet IP address. Just visit www.whatismyip.org to find this out it will be a string of numbers which are seperated by dots. Like so xx.xx.xx.xx This IP address these numbers are what the host will pass this onto their mate or whoever wants to join there game.

In the game go to preferences and choose Network then tick the box to run as server.

All the players that is both of you will need to open ports. For the game. If you haven't done this before visit www.portforward.com There loads of guides on there to do this.

Here is an example to do this on a BT Homehub router. http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/BT/BTHomeHub2/Football_Manager_2005.htm

I would imagine this is all you'll need to do. This is what I have done before, but it was very long time ago. Opening ports will help both parties. I hope this is of use. Good luck.

if your still stuck then add me on steam and ill talk you through it... steam id is : reapre.

I may not be so helpful to you after all. Doesn't seem to be a mac version. I was sure i saw a mac version when i installed a few months ago.

I myself use Vista so its excellent for me.

Search for similar programs on Google. There are lots of them if i remember. One will surely support Mac's.

you can play network games between pc and macs as i have in the past but it has to be by the host PORT FORWARDING so the players can directly connect to his/her pc/laptop i can help talk people through how to port forward and have done for 100`s of people over the last 4 years as hamachi can be slow and not let people connect properly if they get too many connection you could end up not being able to play most of a season because of this problem it has happened to me and others i have played online with so i`d recommend to anyone wanting to play online especially if you`re in different locations to PORT FORWARD if you are on same network I.E in same house then you dont need to port forward

+1 On forwarding ports.

This is very likely the underlying issue here, as all the players that want to play with each other online. What is probably going to be best is to list the make and models of the routers that both you are using in here and get some helpful replies alternativly you can have a snoop over at www.portforward.com on how open UDP and TCP ports for the router.

You'll be able to play online then.

Archived