No money inthe BPL?

I stormed the league in my first season, after being promoted and I'm finding it all way too easy, so I check through every premiership club hoping somebody has signed some decent players and spent some decent money as I'm really hoping for a challenge next season. Not one club has spent over 9million (I think two clubs have), including the so called top six clubs, they have all bought awful players and useless newgens.

I'm only in my 4th season and desperately trying to get into a long term game but this version just seems to be the worst I've played for long term games. Already I've dominated the league and am seriously losing interest after looking at the signings other teams have made. It's only the 4th season and all BPL teams have begun to deteriorate and we know the AI just isn't good enough to sort this mess out. What confuses me is why do AI managers have stats, when quite clearly, they aren't used? A manager with great player judging spends 20-30 mill on a 32 year old, who, I might add is crap, then signs five goalkeepers when they already have four (yes you guessed it, five crap goalkeepers). I don't get it.

I know people are going to say that I should leave and go to manage some where else, but it's not going to be any different anywhere else, at a high level. The AI will still be a joke when it comes to rebuilding teams and spending money wisely.

I really hope they sort out the AI and long term games for the next version as I'm a huge fan, but as it stands with this version, I'm really close to putting it away until FM11.

If anybody has any suggestions that don't include managing in the really low leagues that might be more of a challenge or make things more interesting then I'm all ears.

I have played 3 different games in the premiership, in the first two games the top 6 teams spent money and brought some world class players keeping the league challenging. Weirdly in my third save I have the same problem as you, none of the big teams have spent money and all off them have signed poor players to replace their ageing stars. Fraser Forster is Man Utd starting keeper, yet Rene Alder is all available for face value and has been all season.

This has led me to romp to a league title with Newcastle Utd in season 3. I won the title with 3 games to spare and didn't lose a match until about game 23.

Arsenal and Liverpool are 8th and 9th with one game remaining.

Seems weird that this game is so different from the other two. I tend to use the same settings for each game.

I'm thinking of using FMRTE and putting lots of great young talent in a few clubs just to make it more challenging.

Cheating? maybe, but not sure how you can cheat to make things more difficult! :p

I just looked at man city's finances as I wondered why on earth they have only spent 2mill and they have around 100mill in the bank. Strange stuff as there team is getting on and pretty crap. I also made Adam Johnson really REALLY good, and they sold him...*sigh*

I am seriously thinking of subscribing to the top 6 teams, when they sack a manager I am tempted to take over with a second manager, sign them some awesome talent and then retire.

it is either that or start a new save and see if I get a game like the first two long term saves.

I am in my 11th season and.. the top teams are still.. well... top. Liverpool managed to sign some Italian wonderkid long ago and he is destroying the opponent. I think Italy won world cup partly because of him. Chelsea, Man City still have some quality around to be in top 4. Arsenal... well.. shaky. Man Utd is the worse I think. They are mid table and depending on rooney as an aging striker. But their team quality is still better than mine.

I think some games they just got lucky and happen to sign some really good regen when they were very young. And he would basically carry the team for years.

Archived