System Requirements - FM 2011? need a laptop

OK, i asked this question few weeks ago but just didnt need the laptop urgently because i am using a desktop at the moment. But i am going to give my desktop to my local charity (if i get around to it). But this week i am finally going to order a laptop so need some good solid advice.

http://www.onlinecomputer.com.au/index.php

This is the shop where i will order my laptop.

I am after a decent laptop for my use - watch dramas/movies, dvds, windows media, microsoft software, general internet browsing, football manager, poker. I only play football manager but i might be interested in playing grand theft auto too. I want the laptop to be good enough to last me at least 3 years worth of future fm releases.

Is laptop as good as desktop for gaming? i need a portable computer, because too much distraction from my studies. Laptop i can just fold away (far away) when i sit down to study, desktop i cant obviously.

I dont care about brand name e.g. ibm, hp etc. as long as it is reliable and affordable.

My budget is quite low MAX $1,500

PLEASE HELP

A new laptop will do the job,just make sure it has min of 2 GB RAM,a good stable graphic card and a good proccessor.

I think a 1500$ laptop is far way good one.

it will do the job.

can you recommend me one? i dont have a clue

I've got a Sony Vaio E-series laptop coming. I ordered about a month ago when prices were slightly cheaper in the UK. Anyway for 600 quid I got: an i5 CPU, 4Gb Ram, 500GB HDD, ATI 5470 (512MB). It's pretty good value - I struggled to find one with the same/similar specs for cheaper.

Biggest problem with Sony's though is the delivery time. I ordered on 11th of May, with it due to arrive next week sometime.

Archived