Basic questions about tutoring

It would be much appreciated if anyone could let me know these things asap so i can continue my game.

a few questions-

I have Mesut Ozil, "ambitious" personality, and i can let hamsik, (fairly determined), g rossi (fairly determined), cassano (balanced), or palombo (resolute) tutor him.

I have tried each one of these guys just to see if they would be "delighted" or "unsure" or what, and then immediately went back to the last save to try the next person, etc, but i havent actually gone on holiday after each person until i can see if the tutoring helped or not.

But, what i found out was this. When I ask Hamsik to tutor Mesut Ozil, Ozil was "delighted" at the idea, and Hamsik was also "delighted," (this applied, as with everyone, whether i clicked "ideal role model" or "adapt his approach to game, etc). When I asked Ozil to be tutored by G Rossi, Ozil was "unsure," and Rossi was delighted. So I probably shouldn't pick Rossi, correct? What im more unsure of is the following. When I asked Palombo to tutor Ozil, Ozil was "looking to learn" from Palombo, and Palombo was delighted to do it. When i asked Cassano to tutor Ozil, Ozil was also "looking to learn" from Cassano, and Cassano was delighted.

So, when telling Ozil to learn from Hamsik, Ozil was "delighted," but with the other two besides Rossi, he was "looking to learn." Question #1 is which is better, "delighted," or "looking to learn from?"

Secondly, given that Ozil is ambitious, and Hamsik is fairly determined, Palombo is resolute, etc, which of the three tutoring options (ideal role model, plain old "learn from," and adapt approach to game) should I choose for each player?

That is to say, could you please list, if I choose Palombo, which tutor option should I use given that Ozil responds (initially) as "looking to learn" to all of them the same. If I choose Cassano (i probably wont because of his low determination but this is good info to have anyway), which tutor option should i choose? if i choose g rossi, which tutor option? There is also gourcuff with "spirited" personality - a reason im not really considering him unless u guys tell me to. So who should i choose and which of the three tutor options should i click?

thank you very much!

Why do they give u three options then? last i heard they do different things but what do i know. SI has been known to put things in the game that make zero sense before...

Can someone confirm that they're all the same?

Also what's better, delighted or looking to learn from?

All three options do the same thing.

You're reading too much into it, tutoring is mostly cosmetic with a tiny boost if it goes well (which is random)

Basically no matter what you choose you'll get a small stat boost and learning some preferred moves if it goes well. The initial message you get about whether they are looking to learn from/delighted doesn't have any impact on the outcome.

As with a lot of features, it's not an exact science.

It's the general consensus that all the options are the same. My personal view is similar to what you observed - that the one you choose dictates how likely it is to be accepted (each option compares different attributes to decide whether the players like the idea or not). The end result is the same though, I think. Whether or not a player likes you also counts as to whether he accepts the tutor or not.

You're reading too much into it, tutoring is mostly cosmetic with a tiny boost if it goes well (which is random)

Basically no matter what you choose you'll get a small stat boost and learning some preferred moves if it goes well. The initial message you get about whether they are looking to learn from/delighted doesn't have any impact on the outcome.

As with a lot of features, it's not an exact science.

It's not completely random, and you can get big boosts in Determination and the hidden mental stats if you tutor over a number of years. The ability, form, reputation of the tutor, the age of the tutee (the younger the more easily they change), and similarities of tutor/tutee personalities and playing positions all affect how well the tutoring goes.

The three options are NOT for the player being tutored, they are for the player you are asking to tutor him.

The more important a roll the tutor has in the club, the higher of the three options you should choose. Apart from that those 3 options are relatively unimportant.

As pointed out by shocking above, Tutoring is not cosmetic, you can change a young players personality with the correct tutor dramatically, turning your under achiever into a decent player.

The hidden attributes which make up a personality are:

Adaptability

Controversy

Ambition

Determination

Loyalty

Pressure

Professionalism

Sportsmanship

Temperament

Not sure if I missed any others.

You also have the following hidden attributes which do not contribute to personality:

Consistency

Aggression (might be a none hidden?)

Important Matches

Injury Prone

• 7 months later...

I really need some tutoring advice:

How important are tutor's reputation and squad status? I'm on a mission to change my squad personality to professional and have hired old model professionals with high determination to tutor my young players. But their reputation is only national and squad status (when signed) was backup. The youngsters have mostly "hot prospect" and rep "local", so just 1 step lower. Is this going to make tutoring ineffective? Would it make a difference if I raise the tutor's squad status?

In response to the OP, if a player is looking to learn, he is happy at your choice of tutor, if he is delighted, then both the tutor and tutee will set you as their favorite personnel if not there already. Both are positive starts to the tutoring experience. As someone said, the choice of "ideal role model" vs. the others depends on the tutor's squad status and I imagine, though don't know for certain, that it will affect how the tutor responds to the suggestion. It has to do something, otherwise there would be no point in it. There is very little (if anything) in FM game decisions and mechanics that are purely cosmetic.

Archived