Work Permits!

They have to have either played in 75% of their national team's games the previous year, or have a sufficiently high rep to considerably improve the team.

So someone like Kaka would have no problem with a work permit due to his % of games played. When Mascherano was coming to West Ham, I seem to recall, he didn't have that 75% but was able to gain the WP because of his growing rep, which was demonstrated on appeal.

I know Mchedlidze is a good player who is eligable for a permit later in the game (I've signed him in the past) but he may not be at first. If you have a Belgian feeder club, you can probably still sign him and loan him out until he becomes eligable, then offer him a new contract.

Kerlon is no good, frankly, and wouldn't get a WP in real life at the moment. He's not played enough games, and is too injury prone to have gained a decent rep.

The other guy I've not heard of, but if you are confident he'll play in 75% of his country's games that year, it's worth going down the feeder club route.

They have to have either played in 75% of their national team's games the previous year, or have a sufficiently high rep to considerably improve the team.

I think that in addition to 75% of games, the national team must have averaged in the top 70 of the world rankings for the previous 2 years.

additionally to the 75% national team appearance, i understand that it is also a requirement for their nation to be ranked fairly high up in the FIFA world ranking (if the player is not of an astounding high rep as backpack put it).

On the wp issue, ive just signed Jovetic from Fiorentina for Liverpool in season 11/12, spent 32.5 million and now hes ineligible due to no wp? Any ideas?

Yeah, when you signed him he failed to get a work permit, but as you have a feeder club set up for work permits you are allowed to sign him, but must loan him out to your work permit feeder club for the required number of years (typically 3).

The message to say he has failed to gain a work permit looks very much like the message to say he has been given one, so it is easy to click past it to the next message which is the one to complete the deal.

So it is unfortunate for you, but you have spent 32.5 million on a player that can not play for you until he gets a EU passport from your work permit country.

Archived