Dutch League - Why haven't I qualified for Europe?

I found a thread on the Eredivisie euro rules from 08 but have started a new one as the rules may have changed since then so apologies for that. I've also searched the bug forum but haven't added to the thread on there as this is probably me not understanding the rules!

OK, so I finish 7th with Zwolle and enter the 5th-8th playoffs which I win. But come the start of the next season my euro competition is showing as "none".

PSV & Feyenoord finished 1st and 2nd and are showing as playing in the champions league.

Groningen and Ajax finish 3rd and 4th and are showing as playing in the euro cup.

Heerenveen finished 5th and are showing as playing in the euro cup but I think thats because they lost to Feyenoord in the cup final.

Have I misunderstood something or should I have qualified for the euro cup? I am in mid-July - perhaps the euro fixtures haven't been generated yet?

Thanks.

I think it's because of Heerenveen being in the Dutch Cup final - Holland have 2 Champions League spots and 3 Europa League spots.

Had a team like Groningen or Ajax been in the Dutch Cup final instead of Heerenveen, you probably would've gotten Europa League football.

Luck of the draw I guess :(. Good luck next season.

How many seasons in have you played?

This was the end of the 3rd season.

Just looked at the euro cup list and there are only 3 Dutch teams in it so maybe it is because Heerenveen got the "cup spot". Just wonder why I had to go through the play-offs when there was no prize at the end.

This was the end of the 3rd season.

Just looked at the euro cup list and there are only 3 Dutch teams in it so maybe it is because Heerenveen got the "cup spot". Just wonder why I had to go through the play-offs when there was no prize at the end.

I think it's down to a slight bug that may be caused when Holland lose a Europa League spot.

Since Holland IRL are going to lose a Europa League spot in 2011, what they'll probably do is push the playoffs up a place:

1st and 2nd: Champions League

3rd: Europa League

4th-7th: Playoff for Europa League

Cup: Europa League (or the highest place side not in Europe)

In FM, 3rd and 4th seem to retain their Europa League spots - so the play-off means diddly squat unless two teams from 1st to 4th in the Eredivisie are in the KNVB Cup final.

Hope that helps.

I think it's down to a slight bug that may be caused when Holland lose a Europa League spot.

Since Holland IRL are going to lose a Europa League spot in 2011, what they'll probably do is push the playoffs up a place:

Cup: Europa League (or the highest place side not in Europe)

In FM, 3rd and 4th seem to retain their Europa League spots - so the play-off means diddly squat unless two teams from 1st to 4th in the Eredivisie are in the KNVB Cup final.

Hope that helps.

Ah ok, thanks for that, although the team in 8th were definitely in the play-offs too. Fingers crossed for this season then!

Well thats weird.

Next season I finish 6th, go through the play-offs again but this time I qualify. I haven't checked which other teams have qualified though as a Jupiler team won the cup so don't know if they're in.

Well thats weird.

Next season I finish 6th, go through the play-offs again but this time I qualify. I haven't checked which other teams have qualified though as a Jupiler team won the cup so don't know if they're in.

Do two things for me:

1. Check the UEFA Coefficients

2. Check the Dutch European qualifiers

Because by the sounds of it, the Holland in your game may have gotten their 4th Europa League place back.

Do two things for me:

Because by the sounds of it, the Holland in your game may have gotten their 4th Europa League place back.

OK, will do tonight when I boot the game up. All I can recall is that I'm in the 2nd qualifying round with a trip to Haverfordwest to look forward to!

Do two things for me:

OK - hopefully this clears a bit up and adds a bit more confusion too lol.

Holland is now ranked 8th with a coefficient of 51.266 and along with Ukraine and Turkey have 2 ECC places and 4 EC places.

The Dutch teams in the EC next season are: Ajax (3rd), Feyenoord (4th), Zwolle (PO winners) and Sparta (Cup winners, although not a Jupiler team like I said earlier).

BUT

Fortuna Sittard are also in the EC. They finished 15th so I guess they are in by fair play?!

OK - hopefully this clears a bit up and adds a bit more confusion too lol.

Holland is now ranked 8th with a coefficient of 51.266 and along with Ukraine and Turkey have 2 ECC places and 4 EC places.

The Dutch teams in the EC next season are: Ajax (3rd), Feyenoord (4th), Zwolle (PO winners) and Sparta (Cup winners, although not a Jupiler team like I said earlier).

BUT

Fortuna Sittard are also in the EC. They finished 15th so I guess they are in by fair play?!

No confusion at all - if the news item (or it's in your inbox, I'm not sure) for Dutch European qualifiers is still there, it should say that Fortuna Sittard are in via Fair Play.

But it's as I claimed earlier in this post. If Holland lose a Europa League place in FM, it annuls the playoff unless the winner of the Dutch Cup is in the top 4. (In real life, this would probably happen:

Cupor Highest place not in Europe: Europa League

Which is what I put up earlier.

Hope you and Zwolle have a good season in Europe :)

Archived