maximum Wage budget.

I've taken my beloved cardiff to the top of the premier multi time Fa cup ECC english leage super cup etc etc winners, yet my maximum wage budget seem's almost frozen at 140k, i'm am way below my wage budget total but it doesnt seem to go up from 140k even when i used the 'owe you one' it only went to 150k.

• SI Staff

How much by the way of transfer budget do you have ? - you can always trade away some of that to force it up if required.

(otherwise be patient if this is your first season in the Premiership then it might take a season or two more there to convince the board that its safe to extend the budget further)

• SI Staff

Ok I understand now, it's the max wage you can offer you're struggling with.

Tbh the wage you're allowed is pretty competitive IMHO .. If you continually do well it'll go up a bit more but most players will sign for those wages I'd have thought, if not then there are likely non cash reasons in the main, loyalty, happiness etc.

Shhh I understand now, it's the max wage you can offer you're struggling with.

Tbh the wage you're allowed is pretty competitive IMHO .. If you continually do well it'll go up a bit more but most players will sign for those wages I'd have thought, if not then there are likely non cash reasons in the main, loyalty, happiness etc.

I tried to sign Messi and he was earning £300k p/w. I'd just had a cash injection from the good old sugar daddy, had my bid accepted, but Messi thought that the club could not meet his demands. Turns out he was right!

Yeah i was trying to do the same thing, i'd love to be able to get messi in a league 2 team (That would be great)

Marc i do have a question though although as you stated 140K is enough to attract players (Which i have done) wouldnt any chairman with alot of money want to get the best players possible and would increase his manager maximum wage for players? because it doesnt seem to really happen like that on FMHi or from my experiences FM2010

• SI Staff
Marc i do have a question though although as you stated 140K is enough to attract players (Which i have done) wouldnt any chairman with alot of money want to get the best players possible and would increase his manager maximum wage for players? because it doesnt seem to really happen like that on FMHi or from my experiences FM2010

The very TOP level of wages (ie. the Messi style wages) are only available for teams which ludicrously high reputations AND a sugar daddy or similar setting ... thus if you're a successful team then you'll be able to offer competitive wages (ie. your 140k which isn't 'that' bad really imho) but to attract the highest profile players you need to be the highest profile team .... or wait until the opportunity arises to entice them away (ie. they're unhappy for some reason, out of favour after an injury etc.).

I will continue to listen to feedback and possibly allow more flexibility in this regard if enough people want it - however its always a balancing act tbh and I want to keep the game feeling realistic while being 'fun' ....

I'm playing as Hibs, won the Champions Cup a couple of times and various other things, the club was taken over by a billionaire yet I can still only offer £22k before and after that... Is that likely to improve or will it stay at that?

Maybe the maximum team wage cap could have more of an effect on the individual wage cap. This would tie in nicely with the new feature of swapping cash around. I guess the effect would have to be pretty small still though, I agree its important to keep the realism.

I'm being succesful with my cambridge team, but am worried that my star players will leave at the end of this season just as I get promoted to the premier league. But to be honest, its realistic that they would want to leave :)

I'm playing as Hibs, won the Champions Cup a couple of times and various other things, the club was taken over by a billionaire yet I can still only offer £22k before and after that... Is that likely to improve or will it stay at that?

I'm Celtic and I've won the Champions League twice now, but can't offer any more than £24k per week in wages, even after getting "sugar daddy". Really frustrating as I've spend a lot on some great young players but I'm just losing for nothing as none of them want to sign new contracts and there all going for free at the end of currect contracts.

I'm also really struggling to sell good players, if you've got a £10M pound player in the last year of his contract you can't even £1.5M for him?

(Apart from that the game is superb)

• SI Staff
I'm Celtic and I've won the Champions League twice now, but can't offer any more than £24k per week in wages, even after getting "sugar daddy". Really frustrating as I've spend a lot on some great young players but I'm just losing for nothing as none of them want to sign new contracts and there all going for free at the end of currect contracts.

Right I've tweaked things for update 3 slightly in this area:

The normal 'cap' has been upped very slightly so you should find you can offer around the 30k mark now if you're REALLY doing well ..

Also I've removed the cap totally if you have a sugar daddy in place which should allow you to compete against the better clubs although its very possible you'll still find yourself short of say 'Real Madrid' in terms of finances somewhat.

I'm also really struggling to sell good players, if you've got a £10M pound player in the last year of his contract you can't even £1.5M for him?

(Apart from that the game is superb)

A lot of the sale side of things depends on the player AND importantly their wage/contract situation if you're paying a player well its harder to shift him as clubs interested will realise he'll want that salary matched.

Right I've tweaked things for update 3 slightly in this area:

The normal 'cap' has been upped very slightly so you should find you can offer around the 30k mark now if you're REALLY doing well ..

Also I've removed the cap totally if you have a sugar daddy in place which should allow you to compete against the better clubs although its very possible you'll still find yourself short of say 'Real Madrid' in terms of finances somewhat.

A lot of the sale side of things depends on the player AND importantly their wage/contract situation if you're paying a player well its harder to shift him as clubs interested will realise he'll want that salary matched.

Thanks for the reply. I'll let you know how I get on with update 3 when it arrives.

• SI Staff
Personally i dont agree with the change in wage cap..........although for sugar daddy its a good idea.

The change is only for extreme circumstances (and sugar daddy) .... so don't expect anything much to change initially (and without sugar daddy being enabled don't expect to see a 'huge' difference - just enough that I think if you were winning the CL you'd be competitive at least in a league like Scotland - I think 30k in such circumstances is acceptable tbh).

Archived