Unable to score anymore goals, or even keep a clean sheet

With my Lazio S.S., I had the best form possible, becoming number one, and scoring goals for fun, and I would be surprised if Muslera ever conceded, but now everything changed, despite the fact I'm still using the 3-1-2-1-3 (AKA, 3-4-3 Diamond) but something went wrong, can anybody help? (and changing tactics can be seriously hard right now, I don't have any defenders other than centre ones, and I don't have central midfielders, only defensive and attacking ones..

Playing with no full-backs is a valid tactic

But if the opponents are using the flanks, those Central defenders are being pulled out, or your wingers are becoming tired running all over

If you seriously have no-one able to play full-back, then have your wingers act more defensively, pull one striker back to AM, then one AM to either CM or DM (trust me, most AM/DM can play CM anyway, so don't worry)

Then set your width to max and play through the middle (which has become wider)

But without knowing exactly how they are beating you (what you have stated is quite vague), I can't say if this will or will not work

The problem is, I kept winning matches with the same tactic the whole season, but now my winning streak turned to an undefeated streak then turned to a losing streak (Including beating Juventus -1st- twice, and taking their position)... I've just noticed also that the morality of my players turned from Superb to Okay or very poor... What the hell?

The problem is, I kept winning matches with the same tactic the whole season, but now my winning streak turned to an undefeated streak then turned to a losing streak (Including beating Juventus -1st- twice, and taking their position)... I've just noticed also that the morality of my players turned from Superb to Okay or very poor... What the hell?

There's your problem - when you were winning all the time, your players got complacent, which lead to poor form, which lead to low morale which leads to poor form... Now you're in a spiral.

Call a team meeting ASAP. Then put some happy back-ups in the team.

In the long term, manage complacency with team talks & player interactions.

oppositions have figured your tactics out....simples.

i had it on a Reading save, 3 seasons i dominated with the same formation, including a promotion to the prem and then straight into CL! fourth season, did well in europe, but got fisted in the prem, couldnt understand why as i had improved my squad, but was leaking goals left right and centre, and couldnt score in a brothel. after a poor run which put me down to about 13th, a message came up with something like 'fans displeased xxx wont change 4-3-3 tactics', so i had a quick tinker, ended out playing some bizzarre looking 4-2-2-2 formation with only one winger, and 2nd half of the season i went on some massive win streak and finished 4th!

the games AI will figure you out, so have a mess around with them and see if it changes.without any full backs or wingers though you may struggle!!

Hoppe:- I've been using it for only a season (or even less), same problem?

Robert:- I always criticize/praise my players, of course my assistant does the team talk, and the interaction really done through staff meetings, is that a problem?

I always criticize/praise my players, of course my assistant does the team talk, and the interaction really done through staff meetings, is that a problem?

If you praise the players too much when it's going well it could lead to complacency. But it's a good idea to praise players with low morale.

Robert:- I always criticize/praise my players, of course my assistant does the team talk, and the interaction really done through staff meetings, is that a problem?

I STRONGLY recommend giving your own team talks.

(IMO) the post match team talk ISN'T about the previous match, it's about the next one. The most important thing is NOT to praise players for playing OK, unless their morale is poor.

My teams ALWAYS suffered a dramatic loss of form in mid season until I started treating them mean. Since then I've started winning things.

Archived