Part-time/full-time wages

Having just been promoted to the BSP, I decided it was time I went to full-time contracts. So I started offering new contracts to all my players and staff.

What I don't really get, is that it seems that most players are happy to get the same or very similar wages as a full-time pro, as opposed to being a part-timer.

Why is that?? ... seems that I am paying the same money for more work. If I was a part-time player and was offered basically the same contract terms, just on full-time, I would turn it down.

I remember in one of the earlier FM version (09 or 08) that when I went from part-time to full-time, the players would usually ask for between double and triple the amount in wages when going full-time.

On my current save in Norway, players are asking for about £120 a week to be part time, and £375 a week to be full time. I only have 2 or 3 full time players though, and I haven't tried offering anyone full time terms of £120.

On my current save in Norway, players are asking for about £120 a week to be part time, and £375 a week to be full time. I only have 2 or 3 full time players though, and I haven't tried offering anyone full time terms of £120.

That is kind of what I expected, but with all my players on F/T, the highest paid is getting £375/week, while he before got £350/week on P/T.

The only contracts that really differ are the youngster contracts. When they ask for £20/week P/T, and they have to get £90/week F/T, as that is the minimum wage.

Archived