Foreign players coming through your youth system

In previous FM's it was just a case of hiring lots of different nationalities of coaches etc and you would have different nationalities coming through your youth system. Doesn't seem to work in FM10, i keep getting English players with Man Utd, never had a foreigner, not even another British player. Anyone know why?

In previous FM's it was just a case of hiring lots of different nationalities of coaches etc and you would have different nationalities coming through your youth system. Doesn't seem to work in FM10, i keep getting English players with Man Utd, never had a foreigner, not even another British player. Anyone know why?

Nope. I get loads of foreigners in my youth team.

Well it's not a guarantee that you'll get other nationalities coming through your academy just because you have some foreign coaching staff. It happens from time to time, but not all the time. Same as having state of the art youth facilities and higher reputation. It doesn't guarantee that you'll get top class regens every season, but merely increases the chances that you will.

Youth nationalities are linked to scouting knowledge, which is why you tend to see foreign players when you have a cosmopolitan coaching team, perhaps.

That being said, it's still only a chance that it might happen, and I believe that the chance has been lowered, as well.

Archived