Victim of own success.

Hi all,

I put Dulwich Hamlet into the Blue Sq South and I've managed back to back promotions all the way up to League 1! I haven't cheated, I started with 200k in the bank. I released all my players and built a new team.

Now the problem I have encountered is Dulwich Hamlet doesn't own the ground we play on so money is very tight. Expansion isn't an option and I'm trying to save enough money to build a new stadium. Obviously this isn't happeining due to income. I've built my team on free's and small transfer fees but I need a way to get by without operating at a loss each month.

Any ideas?

i had this when i got blackpool into the premiership, a 16k stadium with no money at all to redevelope, luckily the tv money came in handy but the season before in the championship i made a huge loss because the money coming in was no where near what i was paying out

stick with it tho and hopefully you might get a shiny new stadium with the possibility of it being named after you

Everything has been going well up to this point. My current balance is 700k but that is falling by 50k a month! League 1 is also a much tougher proposition then the previous divisions. All fun though when one week I'm at Charlton with 18000 attendance and then the week after at home with 3000 attendance (highest attendance possible). Just need good cup runs.

Was playing as FC Eindhoven in the Dutch second division, managed to get promoted to the Eredivisie and the board took out a £44m loan and built a new stadium for me, 23,000 all seater.

Problem was it was totally unecessary. We only averaged about 5,000 in our first season and had repayments of £300k/month for the debt.

I guess the moral of the story is be careful what you wish for. Is there really a demand in Dulwich for a new stadium?

I'm hoping so at its southeast London and wedged in between Crystal Palace and Millwall. The population alone in southeast London should be enough to guarantee at least say 10000 fans. Maybe I'm just dreaming but it would be nice to see as I am a Dulwich boy myself.

Archived