How many edited leagues can FM 2010 run?

I would like to know what is the maximum number of leagues FM 2010 can run before an error message appears. I tried to run 259 leagues from 111 nations but there is an error message which states that FM 2010 has stopped working. Is there a limit to the number of leagues the game can handle? My laptop specifications are 2.53Ghz with 4GB of RAM. I never had this problem if I reduce the number of leagues playable significantly. Please help! Thanks! :(

The error message is Football Manager 2010 10.3.0f104766 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

You need a NASA pc cooled with liquid nitrogen to be able to run that many leagues without lag.

Why do you want to load that many anyways? The save game would be massive. + All the newgens will wreck havock.

You need a NASA pc cooled with liquid nitrogen to be able to run that many leagues without lag.

Why do you want to load that many anyways? The save game would be massive. + All the newgens will wreck havock.

Well, I multi task so I don't mind the long wait. But there is a thread somewhere that says that FM can only handle a certain maximum number of leagues and I am trying to figure out this number...........

Your computer is really not good enough to handle that much processing.

You're going to have to get someone else to figure out the limit for you, because I don't see your computer ever handling that big a game without crashing.

Your computer is really not good enough to handle that much processing.

You're going to have to get someone else to figure out the limit for you, because I don't see your computer ever handling that big a game without crashing.

Well, I managed to play about 120 leagues without crashing so far...................

I would like to know what is the maximum number of leagues FM 2010 can run before an error message appears. I tried to run 259 leagues from 111 nations but there is an error message which states that FM 2010 has stopped working. Is there a limit to the number of leagues the game can handle? My laptop specifications are 2.53Ghz with 4GB of RAM. I never had this problem if I reduce the number of leagues playable significantly. Please help! Thanks! :(

The error message is Football Manager 2010 10.3.0f104766 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Well, I multi task so I don't mind the long wait. But there is a thread somewhere that says that FM can only handle a certain maximum number of leagues and I am trying to figure out this number...........

You say that you are multitasking and that you have 4gb ram but you dont say if your running the 32 or 64 bit version of windows. If its the 32bit version then you'll only have about 3.4gb available to you so I think the problem is that your running too many leagues as well as running other stuff at the same time. You could try downloading gamebooster which will temporarily disable non essential programs from running in the background but tbh I think your only sollution is to not multitask and run considerably fewer leagues.

You say that you are multitasking and that you have 4gb ram but you dont say if your running the 32 or 64 bit version of windows. If its the 32bit version then you'll only have about 3.4gb available to you so I think the problem is that your running too many leagues as well as running other stuff at the same time. You could try downloading gamebooster which will temporarily disable non essential programs from running in the background but tbh I think your only sollution is to not multitask and run considerably fewer leagues.

Well, I am using a 64 bit OS which is Windows 7. The only "multi tasking" I do is surfing the net! :D

The game will crash when you load more than 81 edited leagues.

In the overall it depends on how many divisions every league contains. As an example, if you load my alternate Swiss file, you will have more than 50 divisions and about 45'000 generated players in your game. Other league files comes with just 5 or 10 divisions.

The main impact is the database size, but not the one that shows at the start of the game, it's the in-game database. If you load a lot of lower leagues and tick "add key staff", the game will generate thousends of players and a starting database of 30'000 can explode to 150'000.

The game will crash when you load more than 81 edited leagues.

In the overall it depends on how many divisions every league contains. As an example, if you load my alternate Swiss file, you will have more than 50 divisions and about 45'000 generated players in your game. Other league files comes with just 5 or 10 divisions.

The main impact is the database size, but not the one that shows at the start of the game, it's the in-game database. If you load a lot of lower leagues and tick "add key staff", the game will generate thousends of players and a starting database of 30'000 can explode to 150'000.

Well, then why didn't the game crash when I loaded 214 leagues form 88 nations? Or does it mean the game will later on crash? But when I tried to load 256 leagues, I couldn't do it! :(

• 3 weeks later...

Archived