What do I have to do to get hired?

My career is in 2014, and the United States are currently 3rd in the FIFA World Rankings. Their manager retired after the 2014 World Cup, which I won with Argentina. My manager is American (with dual British nationality), and is the highest-ranked American manager in the Hall of Fame. I have a Worldwide reputation, and have won the past two Serie A titles with A.C. Milan. But the US absolutely refuses to hire me, instead choosing a re-tread Bruce Arena, who hasn't managed anywhere in 3 years.

What do I have to do to get hired?

I had a similar problem when I was managing Belarus (got them into the top 20 in the rankings). Switzerland and Wales all sacked their managers so I applied, and wasn't accepted. So I reloaded a save and quit Belarus BEFORE applying to them and was offered both the jobs! Maybe try that?

I had a similar problem when I was managing Belarus (got them into the top 20 in the rankings). Switzerland and Wales all sacked their managers so I applied, and wasn't accepted. So I reloaded a save and quit Belarus BEFORE applying to them and was offered both the jobs! Maybe try that?

Hmmm, interesting. I've been managing Belarus as well as a club side - and my success at club level has led to me being the number two-ranked manager in the world. I'm English, so when the England manager's job became available after the 2016 European Championship, I applied immediately.

They turned me down and appointed Rio Ferdinand to his first ever managerial post.

Archived