Need help transferring custom views to new PC

just copy the entier My Documents\Sports Interactive folder.. its the only folder that stores "custom" settings and stuff as far as i know.

For Windows 7 the Custom Views are located here: C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings\Version 1003 I'd recommend backing up the entire folder if you are going to reinstall the game as most settings are saved in that folder, you'll also need to turn on hidden and system files to get to that folder.

just copy the entier My Documents\Sports Interactive folder.. its the only folder that stores "custom" settings and stuff as far as i know.

That's what I thought. But for some reason, it hasn't worked. Everything else is in place, tactics, photos, etc. Just not the custom views.

For Windows 7 the Custom Views are located here: C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings\Version 1003 I'd recommend backing up the entire folder if you are going to reinstall the game as most settings are saved in that folder, you'll also need to turn on hidden and system files to get to that folder.

Ah great, thanks. Didn't think it'd be in a hidden folder.

For Windows 7 the Custom Views are located here: C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings\Version 1003

I found probale screen xml files to backup. Here is the information for others:

1. type "%appdata%" in the run box (works in XP, Vista and win7) and hit ENTER.

2. Go inside "Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings\Version 1003" folder.

3. Inside this folder you can find xml files like, views-v1-sXX-idYYYYYYY.xml, where X and Y can be any numeric digits.

4. These files store custom views settings. backup these files for future use.

I'm not sure these are the actual files. Since I don't need to re-install FM now, can anybody confirm this?

Archived