Revising CL and Uefa Cup idea

I was thinking on a good idea of making the CL/Uefa Cup global. And have no idea if that can be done in FM so before even attempting to think about it I wanted to share and see if anyone would care to play this.

Imagine the CL being global - which would mean limiting the direct qualifiers from all EU countries and adding some from Brazil, Argentina etc. most major countries outside EU. The number of teams would stay the same but will include only the best teams from the strongest leagues.

The rest will go to Uefa Cup, and this way we will have a really diverse and most importantly strong CL. The Uefa Cup will actually mean something as well because again very strong teams will enter it from all over the world - or at least countries that will qualify.

Also this would mean more money for everyone not only the same old clubs.

So is this possible to do in FM by changing the rules in the editor somehow and most of all will anyone of you be interested in playing a game like that?

Thanks!

This actually seems like an awesome idea. I've sort of lost the motivation to play the game recently but something like this would definitely reignite the spark I once had to play it, it'd be a fun challenge and there'd surely be some interesting results along the way :thup:

Although I honestly have no clue about customising databases so hopefully someone with some knowledge on the topic will comment and let us know if it's doable or not...

It would be possible to create a competition where the champions of every nation in the world competed in a CL-style tournament. It wouldn't be too hard to create, the only difficulty (or drawback really) being that fm10 will always pick the same team to compete for inactive nations. That and most countries don't have any divisions in them at all. This is something I have considered doing for a while now but I have never got round to it.

Well a lot of people play with a huge database anyway - besides minor countries won't have a great chance and even I with my weak PC have the MSL, Brazil/Argentina running so there will be diversity. You should do it.

The other thing is the 16 left in the later stage of the CL and the other 16 (i have no idea if they are that much) in the American version of the CL to be collected and to form a new CL and play from there on. But it will overload some schedules.. not fatal seeing how some people play 1000 tournaments and manage.

So you should give it a try :D

Archived