Suggestion for FM11

When a young player joins you and moves to a new country and cant speak the language ie a Brazillian youngster moving to England, it would be good if you could interact with another player who speaks the same language as the young player and tell him to look out for the young player to help him settle into the new country. Good idea or not??

You can do that already! You can set a player to be a role model for another player. Just select a home grown player that is good and in the same playing position and set him to tutor in the Interact options.

You can do that already! You can set a player to be a role model for another player. Just select a home grown player that is good and in the same playing position and set him to tutor in the Interact options.

yea but if they arent in the same position you cant do it

So why not just ask for the ability to send them to English speaking classes or whatever language you want?

Tevez has been in England for 3 years and can't speak English.

It's not vital to a players performance, so I don't know how it helps having this feature, it's not a hindrance in real life, nor in the game. So it seems a bit pointless.

You cans still give players role model, just click the player and interact with them and then see who is available to tutor them.

I don't know if that helps them learn a new language, but it should help them settle in.

But sometimes it backfires and the two players end up disliking each other.

I think that it might be a useful feature, because assistant reports do state that players have difficulty communicating due to language barriers. I imagine this has an effect on their settling in, too. The sooner a player gets basic proficiency in a language, the better, IMO.

Archived