Laptop doesn't read FM2010 disc.

OK, I finally got around to purchasing FM today. And upon putting it into my laptop... nothing.

I checked the disc... it's new.

I tried other discs.

3 audio CD's worked. The Movies worked. Sam and Max worked. FM 2009 worked. What is wrong with FM2010?

I'll tell you what happens when I put it in the drive. The DVD drive makes a few whirring noises. Nothing happens afterwards. Sometimes a small CD icon appears next to the cursor... is that important?

Thanks for any help that I get with this.

You could try connecting in a network of some kind (depending on which tools you have available) the two laptops and install on your machine using your dad's dvdrom. Then select to authorize and play via Steam.

PS: do other discs work on your dvd drive?

Yeah, other discs work. Infact every other game I have works (including every other FM/CM I own).

I don't know how I would connect those two laptops together in a network and install it in that way. I know my Dad would not want me messing about with his computer, he got angry with me testing the FM2010 disc on his computer ffs!

I had this problem as well. I just had to keep inserting and removing the disk and it eventually worked. I think there must have been some kind of manufacturing problem with the disks this year because this has happened to quite a few people. Just keep trying and it should be recognised eventually. Remember to download and install the latest patch as well.

Archived