What causes personal problems?

Playing my 2nd season as Notts County in leaghue 1 and ive had 3 players this season suffer personal problems. First was Javier Acuna earlier in the season which i believe was more down to him settling in but he is now over this. Next it was Callum McManamans turn who has suffered 3 months of it so far and ive had to send him on personal leave twice now. He didnt bother me too much as I have good back up.

But now Haris Vuckic who has probably been my best player all season has now got personal problems. I dont want too send him on personal leave as he is a very important player.

Just wondering if anything causes it, or if its random.

Or perhaps, John Terry has invaded the club and upset the players wives!

Indeed it is. Perhaps itll happen this season to 3 people then ill get 3 seasons problem 3. Still gunna win the league, so mwah!!! Ta for the feedback.

Like most problems with players, it should settle down given some time. I had a few players who (new signings) didn't settle in the area well - and didn't give them leave, but kept playing them and encouraging and they eventually "got over" living in another country. I'd assume the same would be true for your players, they probably won't play as well as they did before their problems - but sometimes players are simply too valuable to send away for a month.

I hear what ya saying but 2 of these players have been playing and living in England before I bought them. Haris Vuckic I had for half of last season, as well as Callum McManaman. So should be settled. So must be random.

It's down to hidden personality attributes - maybe a combination of adaptability (settling in a foreign country) and temperament. A lot of Latin American regens and players have very low temperament. It's a good idea to get thorough scout reports to build up a profile of a player's personality before signing him.

Archived